+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Bottom line........

Everyone is out to get us as we are defending champs, we need to rise to the level of competition and not just go through the motions and expect to win because we know how that has turned out!. We need to have some fire and that is what is lacking, call it a Superbowl hangover where every other team is hungry we are just trying to skate by.

We need a chip or some swagger and we need leaders to step up. Tuck needs to step up and not walk around with his head down and tail between his legs. Look at Cam in Carolina ? he doesnt inspire his teammates and sulks. Tuck or whoever needs to gather the troops and get people on same page. Stop blowing coverages in friggin week 11. Get it sorted and make people accountable. Simplify the Defense perhaps if it is too confusing ?. Attack create pressure. Go for it !! we need to string some wins together big time or we can hand over division to Cowboys. People might worry about GB, Atl, Saints but what about eagles who have our # and not to mention Washington to me if not for major injuries is a very solid team and has improved the most.

offensively - Killdrive and TC have been coaching for years and years yet they dont seem to have an answer for sagging offense ? how about keep it simple.
    Stop with the WR screen where everyone in the world knows whens it coming and always yields negative yards. How about some simple short yardage throws to get Eli in a rhythm. Dump offs to the backs, rb screens!!. We have big play type wrs that can make up yardage on there own. We dont have to throw these low % 30 yard passes down the sidelines that take a lot to work. Get cruz and Nicks involved early. Cruz is a guy you want to get the ball to often as he can make nifty plays out there once he catches the ball!. keep the balance, bench Diehl and bench Bradshaw. Get Locklear back in and let Andre carry the load for 1 game. I love bradshaw and all that but let Brown start next game he will give us a good run game and make this team a little more balance offensively.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    Everyone is out to get us as we are defending champs, we need to rise to the level of competition and not just go through the motions and expect to win because we know how that has turned out!. We need to have some fire and that is what is lacking, call it a Superbowl hangover where every other team is hungry we are just trying to skate by.

We need a chip or some swagger and we need leaders to step up. Tuck needs to step up and not walk around with his head down and tail between his legs. Look at Cam in Carolina ? he doesnt inspire his teammates and sulks. Tuck or whoever needs to gather the troops and get people on same page. Stop blowing coverages in friggin week 11. Get it sorted and make people accountable. Simplify the Defense perhaps if it is too confusing ?. Attack create pressure. Go for it !! we need to string some wins together big time or we can hand over division to Cowboys. People might worry about GB, Atl, Saints but what about eagles who have our # and not to mention Washington to me if not for major injuries is a very solid team and has improved the most.

offensively - Killdrive and TC have been coaching for years and years yet they dont seem to have an answer for sagging offense ? how about keep it simple.
    Stop with the WR screen where everyone in the world knows whens it coming and always yields negative yards. How about some simple short yardage throws to get Eli in a rhythm. Dump offs to the backs, rb screens!!. We have big play type wrs that can make up yardage on there own. We dont have to throw these low % 30 yard passes down the sidelines that take a lot to work. Get cruz and Nicks involved early. Cruz is a guy you want to get the ball to often as he can make nifty plays out there once he catches the ball!. keep the balance, bench Diehl and bench Bradshaw. Get Locklear back in and let Andre carry the load for 1 game. I love bradshaw and all that but let Brown start next game he will give us a good run game and make this team a little more balance offensively.
    Can't disagree with much here but I think there are serious issues with Boothe, Baas and Snee as well and if they do not play better (and in Snee's and Baas' case, get healthier) even if they do reinsert Locklear for Diehl it won't matter. Defensively I do not disagree with anything you pointed out. Perhaps Hosley needs to sit down for awhile or only come in a dime package and they should try out Hill at that nickel spot now that he's back. They also really desperately need Phillips, Rivers and Jacquain 100% healthy and in the game as much as possible if they'll be ready to go for the Green Bay game and the rest of the season.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 11-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Sheepdip, I agree with a ton of stuff you stated. I really wish they would do more of the slow griding drives, 5 yards at a time instead of going for it all every set of downs. When this works, it's amazing but when it doesn't it ends up being a quick 3 and out and throws the defense right back on the field. They might not be tired right away but enough 3 and outs creates a tired and frustrated defense that ends up playing worse as the game goes on. I'd like to see some short passes to cruz and nicks and let them do what they do. Remember that flats pass to cruz over the middle against terrance newman last year, that he took to the house. It went from a 10 yard play to like an 80 yard play. Or the Jets game where he studder stepped, made the DB fall on his face and ran it 80 yards, swung the momentum of the game and we won. Things like that need to start happening or we are done. Bradshaw is obviously hurt since they are trying out RB's so I say send him to the IR list or put him on the shelf for 3 - 4 weeks. Let Brown and Wilson run the show, it can't get much worse.

Veteran
    To be honest I saw on 1 play Snee got beat for a sack but if you watch the play again you will notice he had no leverage as the Bengals defender had his hand under snees chin and you can see Snee complain after the non call. Just thought I would add that.

I think we need to look at the panthers game where we had nice balance and good play calling as a good recipe to get out of this. Seriously for some reason when Brown is in our running game looks more efficient. Again I think Bradshaw is a tough as nails warrior but for 1 game go to Brown. I am not a huge Diehl fan and I do like what he has done and his versatility and all that but he may have messed up a cohesive group by coming back. Something has changed in the last few weeks to affect our offense ???
    Last edited by sheepdip; 11-15-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Veteran
    To be honest I saw on 1 play Snee got beat for a sack but if you watch the play again you will notice he had no leverage as the Bengals defender had his hand under snees chin and you can see Snee complain after the call. Just thought I would add that.

I think we need to look at the panthers game where we had nice balance and good play calling as a good recipe to get out of this. Seriously for some reason when Brown is in our running game looks more efficient. Again I think Bradshaw is a tough as nails warrior but for 1 game go to Brown. I am not a huge Diehl fan and I do like what he has done and his versatility and all that but he may have messed up a cohesive group by coming back. Something has changed in the last few weeks to affect our offense ???
    The O-line seemed to be playing better without Diehl but even before Diehl was fully back I feel Snee, Baas and Boothe were beginning to regress and Diehl's deficiencies obviously just compound things. The interior guys are not dominating enough with their individual battles and it just makes a big mess. I do believe Snee and Baas are definitely playing with injured lower extremities which is a disaster for O-linemen. They lose their individual battles and Boothe struggles because he can't just concentrate on his assignments due to Baas struggling. Beatty is the only one out there who is pretty much taking care of his business and even helping Boothe as well.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    The O-line seemed to be playing better without Diehl but even before Diehl was fully back I feel Snee, Baas and Boothe were beginning to regress and Diehl's deficiencies obviously just compound things. The interior guys are not dominating enough with their individual battles and it just makes a big mess. I do believe Snee and Baas are definitely playing with injured lower extremities which is a disaster for O-linemen. They lose their individual battles and Boothe struggles because he can't just concentrate on his assignments due to Baas struggling. Beatty is the only one out there who is pretty much taking care of his business and even helping Boothe as well.
    well if this is the case why are we trying all this down field passing cra p all the time. The longer the pass plays the longer oline have to hold blocks or lead to sacks or penalties etc. If the oline is hurting then replace with backups or change the calling to help with there limited abilities ?

Veteran
    well if this is the case why are we trying all this down field passing cra p all the time. The longer the pass plays the longer oline have to hold blocks or lead to sacks or penalties etc. If the oline is hurting then replace with backups or change the calling to help with there limited abilities ?
    I am with you wholeheartedly. Need to adjust to the limitations that exist right now. Unfortunately throwing in healthier back-ups may just end up being worse. They just released Petrus so they now have only Brewer (Tackle), Locklear (Tackle) and Cordle (Guard/Center) as their depth. Locklear for Diehl seems to be everyone's big change to resolve things but like I have pointed out in other replies, I do think it goes deeper than that. Hard to imagine a 100% healthy Cordle being the better option than an 85% Snee or Baas but hey maybe it is worth a shot for a game or two until Snee/Baas are fully healthy.

That's too simple for Killdrive to understand. A 5 yard catch on 1st down is just as good as a 5 yard run. Whether you run or throw short, will cause the D to bring people up closer the LOS which eventually will open up the long pass. However, what do we know? We are not a "genius" OC that brought us 2 SB rings. OR was it the "genius" HC who did that? I am not sure, but they know how to screw up and get a pass.

I think a big factor to the Giants playing a little tired and unfocused comes from the hurricane. A lot players were put out by it and put a lot of effort into helping others. It can be just that there's to much to think about during these last few weeks. Giants clearly haven't played well, we have seen this team play dominate before and know there capable of it. The secondary has been terrible for a long time, but the Giants always found a way. They will bounce back and reform to their ability.