+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it a coincidence we lost both games DD has started?

Ever since they reinstalled DD to his starting position and sent locklear to the bench the running game has suffered and eli has been getting hammered resulting in sacks and turnovers. Are the coaches blind?? Make the switch before someone gets killed
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I would like to think the coaches are smarter than us, the posters. However, during the Pittsburgh game I constantly saw Diehl turned around as his assignment blew past him. I didn't watch too much of the Cincy game because the team looked flat from the get go. He may not be the total reason for the losses, but his blocking has become pretty putrid.

I, like many others, question the reason the coaches are sticking with him. I know they have to be seeing more than we do and they analyze everything. If I can see the line has deteriorated more when he is in there then they should see it too.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 11-15-2012 at 04:45 AM.

All-Pro
    The two games before where some of the ugliest wins you will ever see. He is by far not their only problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The two games before where some of the ugliest wins you will ever see. He is by far not their only problem.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

I agree. But he is indicative of THE problem which is the reluctant on the part of the coaches to play young talent.

Remember, refusal to move on from his aging vets is the reason TC was fired in Jacksonville. He went into a season with no replacement plan for guys like Boseilli, Brunal and Smith. All 3 got injured(boselli never even played a down and retired because of a injury) and TC was left with a old, slow, ineffective team.

Remember, if not for a preseason injury to Hixon, Cruz is a backup slot WR last year. So the best season by a wr in franchise history diesnt even happen if the vet in front of him doesn't get hurt.

TC has always been slow to pull the trigger on replacing his guys. This is most certainly 1 of those instances. Diehl has been the worst tackle in football for 1.5 years. It may not be the ONLY problem, but it certainly is a big 1. What will it take to open TCs eyes? Perhaps in injury to Eli after Diehl gives up another sack? Would that do it? Personally, I don't want to find out.

He has given up 4 sacks and 11 pressures in 4 games. Eli looks like a deer in the headlights right now and I think it is because he doesnt trust his Oline.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 11-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.

All-Pro
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing his play either. I'm just saying that they very well could have lost 4 in a row. The Dallas game is a great example of how this team has issues. They forced 6 turnovers and won because of a couple of finger tips.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing his play either. I'm just saying that they very well could have lost 4 in a row. The Dallas game is a great example of how this team has issues. They forced 6 turnovers and won because of a couple of finger tips.
    The only question is does the line perform better or worse with Diehl in there? My opinion is worse.

All-Pro
    Well they have been giving up sacks so I would have to say they played worse, but they where still playing bad before he started. If they did replace him they still have a lot of problems they need to fix.

There are a lot of problems, but Diehl is one that could easily be fixed.

Hell I look at the TB game... that come from behind win happened after Diehl went down... All of a sudden Eli didn't have to worry about pressure from the right anymore, became a lot more comfortable, and went from Interception Machine to Eli-te in about 0.2 seconds...