+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Osi Umenyiora: Cris Carter "doesn't know" Giants' ways (NFL.com)

LINK

New York Giants pass rusher Osi Umenyiora didn't take kindly to Cris Carter's take on why Big Blue and November don't seem to go together.

Carter said on ESPN that it comes down to coach Tom Coughlin running "a very tough program" that's "taxing, both mentally and physically." Carter argued the Giants fall into a lull because of the nature of Coughlin's regime, but bounce back by season's end because they're "such a good football team."

"I think Cris Carter doesn't know what he's talking about," Umenyiora told ESPN Radio, via the New York Post. "He hasn't been in our locker room, he doesn't know anything about our culture or the way coach Coughlin coaches now. I mean, he's probably going off the reputation that was probably 15 years ago.

Read More...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Osi is 100% right.

Am I the only one who kinda agrees with Cris Carter?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How can you? Are you in the locker room and in the practices? Heck even the writer of the article agreed with Osi. A media person on the Giants side and not counting them out prematurely? UNHEARD OF, lol!
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    How can you? Are you in the locker room and in the practices? Heck even the writer of the article agreed with Osi. A media person on the Giants side and not counting them out prematurely? UNHEARD OF, lol!
    I said kinda, not fully. You're right, I am not a part of the Giants organization nor do I know the coaches on a personal level. However, Tom Coughlin is very strict old school guy. Michael Strahan himself said he hated him (at first) So maybe, MAYBE the players start to tune him out? I don't know that for a fact, nobody does, but the second half collapses are so constant under Coughlin and so strange.

I mean, Chris might be right with respect to the intensity of TC's approach...but I dislike that *** anyway so F him. (and the Viqueens in general)

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Yes
    That's too bad..

Veteran
    but but but osi is a cancer in the locker room. lets see how teh osi haters will spin this

Quote Originally Posted by chizz View Post
    but but but osi is a cancer in the locker room. lets see how teh osi haters will spin this
    Lmao, we know we have many here.