+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Osi Umenyiora: Cris Carter "doesn't know" Giants' ways (NFL.com)

Osi Umenyiora: Cris Carter "doesn't know" Giants' ways (NFL.com)

LINK

New York Giants pass rusher Osi Umenyiora didn't take kindly to Cris Carter's take on why Big Blue and November don't seem to go together.

Carter said on ESPN that it comes down to coach Tom Coughlin running "a very tough program" that's "taxing, both mentally and physically." Carter argued the Giants fall into a lull because of the nature of Coughlin's regime, but bounce back by season's end because they're "such a good football team."

"I think Cris Carter doesn't know what he's talking about," Umenyiora told ESPN Radio, via the New York Post. "He hasn't been in our locker room, he doesn't know anything about our culture or the way coach Coughlin coaches now. I mean, he's probably going off the reputation that was probably 15 years ago.

Read More...

Osi is 100% right.

Am I the only one who kinda agrees with Cris Carter?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    but but but osi is a cancer in the locker room. lets see how teh osi haters will spin this

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Am I the only one who kinda agrees with Cris Carter?
    How can you? Are you in the locker room and in the practices? Heck even the writer of the article agreed with Osi. A media person on the Giants side and not counting them out prematurely? UNHEARD OF, lol!
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Totally agree with Osi, does he say many things that I agree with? No. I totally agree with this though. Anyone outside of the organization has no idea what goes on during practices, in the locker room and what he says to his players to inspire them and keep them going. Cris Carter is ******ed and so is the spelling of his first name..

All-Pro
    There's nothing tough about what it is that we do. We practice in shells most of the time, practices aren't hard, they’re not even long so, physically, I think we're ready. I think mentally is where we're getting beat, we're not getting beat physically."

Dont like that at all......So Osi saying the team is mentally unprepared or not up to the challenge....

Chris Carter is giving an OPINION....he is not stating fact.

Something is wrong......I bet Osi doesnt even know what it is...nor does TC
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    How can you? Are you in the locker room and in the practices? Heck even the writer of the article agreed with Osi. A media person on the Giants side and not counting them out prematurely? UNHEARD OF, lol!
    I said kinda, not fully. You're right, I am not a part of the Giants organization nor do I know the coaches on a personal level. However, Tom Coughlin is very strict old school guy. Michael Strahan himself said he hated him (at first) So maybe, MAYBE the players start to tune him out? I don't know that for a fact, nobody does, but the second half collapses are so constant under Coughlin and so strange.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    There's nothing tough about what it is that we do. We practice in shells most of the time, practices aren't hard, they€™re not even long so, physically, I think we're ready. I think mentally is where we're getting beat, we're not getting beat physically."

Dont like that at all......So Osi saying the team is mentally unprepared or not up to the challenge....

Chris Carter is giving an OPINION....he is not stating fact.

Something is wrong......I bet Osi doesnt even know what it is...nor does TC
    Isn't Osi stating an opinion as well? Chris Carter isn't in the locker room nor the practice facility. So his opinion has as much weight as any former player.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Isn't Osi stating an opinion as well? Chris Carter isn't in the locker room nor the practice facility. So his opinion has as much weight as any former player.
    I would think Osi's opnion is supported by fact. CC is making a guess.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread