+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    Tracey deserves more playing time

    In the limited action I have seen Tracey play, he has played well. It's time to give him some more reps. Maybe having the younger DE's play will put some pressure on the Vets to step up their game!

  2. #2
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,006
    As long as Osi and Tuck are on this team, they will get a majority of the playing time..

  3. #3
    He played well as the outside linebacker against the 49ers. I guess we won't see that again unless we face a similar offense.

  4. #4
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    As long as Osi and Tuck are on this team, they will get a majority of the playing time..
    Just like with David Deihl & its a problem....I dont care what anyone has to say, Im confident Tracy & Ojomo would offer same or better production than Tuck & Osi at this point.....Before anyone asks me the typical "what have they done for you to say that?" Ask yourselves what have Osi or tuck done in 2012 for you to stick up for them? Theyre done....

    You can blame Bradshaws issues on the Oline, you can blame the secondary issues on the Dline or the scheme...But its to hard blame our DE's for not getting any pressure on anyone other than themselves...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Just like with David Deihl & its a problem....I dont care what anyone has to say, Im confident Tracy & Ojomo would offer same or better production than Tuck & Osi at this point.....Before anyone asks me the typical "what have they done for you to say that?" Ask yourselves what have Osi or tuck done in 2012 for you to stick up for them? Theyre done....

    You can blame Bradshaws issues on the Oline, you can blame the secondary issues on the Dline or the scheme...But its to hard blame our DE's for not getting any pressure on anyone other than themselves...
    Osi and Tuck are proven commodities in whom the coaches have confidence. These other guys are just learning. That's the difference. I'm not saying that Osi and Tuck are playing well, just answering your question.

  6. #6
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    Osi and Tuck are proven commodities in whom the coaches have confidence. These other guys are just learning. That's the difference. I'm not saying that Osi and Tuck are playing well, just answering your question.
    Agreed, they are proven and thats why I said as long as they are on the team they will get the playing time. Do I agree with this? Not so much. If you have other players on the team and your current starters are sucking, mix it up a bit.

  7. #7
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    99,199
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
    In the limited action I have seen Tracey play, he has played well. It's time to give him some more reps. Maybe having the younger DE's play will put some pressure on the Vets to step up their game!
    I don't disagree with the thought but it's unlikely they will sit Tuck and/or Osi. The best we might hope for is that they lhave Tracy and Ojomo in more of a planned DE/DT rotation
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Agreed, they are proven and thats why I said as long as they are on the team they will get the playing time. Do I agree with this? Not so much. If you have other players on the team and your current starters are sucking, mix it up a bit.
    What happens if you bench your starters in favor of rookies and the rookies suck worse?

  9. #9
    Veteran EnragedYouth85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osan AB, S. Korea
    Posts
    3,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    What happens if you bench your starters in favor of rookies and the rookies suck worse?
    Oh I'm not saying bench them and not play them all game, just mix it up and do like a 1/2 and 1/2.. Could it get much worse? We are getting toasted for yards and points lately. Not to mention, zero pass rush..

  10. #10
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    99,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
    What happens if you bench your starters in favor of rookies and the rookies suck worse?
    We then blame the coaches for not knowing it wasn't going to work
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts