+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Antrel Rolle Says Players Are To Blame, Not Coaches

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Whatever else Rolle is, I think he's honest and tells is like it is
    Bingo! Perhaps if some can think about that before jumping to the Fire whatever coach stance, that game was on the players themselves.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    WHAT IS ROLLE TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!? REESE, COUGHLIN AND THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF ARE ALL IMGRATES!

  3. #13
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    18,653
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Stevie Brown was trying to make a play, it was just the wrong play at that particular time
    honestly .....after watching the all 22 ....I put that more on Webster than anyone

    Brown in clearly in his line of sight and not dropping into coverage

    ok ....Brown bit on the play action ...but it is Coreys job to recognize that and run with their most dynamic player

    everyone can say it is on Brown all they want.....I put it on Webster just as much

  4. #14
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,386
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    honestly .....after watching the all 22 ....I put that more on Webster than anyone

    Brown in clearly in his line of sight and not dropping into coverage

    ok ....Brown bit on the play action ...but it is Coreys job to recognize that and run with their most dynamic player

    everyone can say it is on Brown all they want.....I put it on Webster just as much

    No question Webster gave up on the play which bothers me
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    honestly .....after watching the all 22 ....I put that more on Webster than anyone

    Brown in clearly in his line of sight and not dropping into coverage

    ok ....Brown bit on the play action ...but it is Coreys job to recognize that and run with their most dynamic player

    everyone can say it is on Brown all they want.....I put it on Webster just as much
    I dont have all 22, but i remember a play where Nicks caught a deep slant across the middle while cruz ran a wheel route from the inside. The safety was eyeing in on where eli was looking and i couldnt help but feel if eli would have pump faked to nicks, he could have hit cruz deep down the side lines. Did you notice something like this while re watching the game?

  6. #16
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    of course, EVERYONE will ignore an actual player saying "its on us", and continue to talk about the bad playcalling, lack of david wilson, insistance of keeping dehiel in.

    blah, blah, blah, blah.
    That could be because an actual coach (Gilbride) said it is everything, including play calling.It's a stand up thing for Rolle to "defend" the coaches, but the coaches are just as important in the success and failure of the team.

    Arguing that it is all on the players, and that the coaches share no blame in failure, is essentially saying that the coaches are unimportant and share no glory in success either. I don't buy that....
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

  7. #17
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,386
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    of course, EVERYONE will ignore an actual player saying "its on us", and continue to talk about the bad playcalling, lack of david wilson, insistance of keeping dehiel in.

    blah, blah, blah, blah.
    It's just the nature of this place.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  8. #18
    All-Pro CDN_G-FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    17,214
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    That could be because an actual coach (Gilbride) said it is everything, including play calling.It's a stand up thing for Rolle to "defend" the coaches, but the coaches are just as important in the success and failure of the team.

    Arguing that it is all on the players, and that the coaches share no blame in failure, is essentially saying that the coaches are unimportant and share no glory in success either. I don't buy that....
    its not all on the players.

    and its not all on the coaches.

    but 90% of the threads and posts in this place put it on the coaches which is stupid and wrong.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    its not all on the players.

    and its not all on the coaches.

    but 90% of the threads and posts in this place put it on the coaches which is stupid and wrong.
    Agreed, however it seems like 90% of those threads are created by the same 5-7 MB users or so

  10. #20
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    24,203
    why, oh why to the keep going back to undisciplined football??
    They obvioulsy dont trust certain aspects of the D or its personell or the scheme.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts