+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

State Of The Offense: Gilbride talks Diehl, ELi

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-diehl-and-eli

Excerpt: "With six brutal games remaining, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride has some issues to resolve with his unit.

The offense has often stalled out in the red zone. The line has been shaky as of late and, most important, his star quarterback is in a bit of a funk.

Here are some highlights from Gilbride's chat with reporters earlier this week:

What's the Diehl: Gilbride said the pass protection has to give Eli Manning more time to throw.

He was asked if the insertion of right tackle David Diehl into the starting lineup has been a factor in the protection.

"You would love to say it's this one thing or one person or one aspect," Gilbride said. "But it doesn't work out that way. Believe me when I tell you this, it's all of us. We all have to do better.

"Sometimes it's [Eli] trying to force the ball because he's trying to make a play to get us going," Gilbride continued. "Sometimes it's the protection just not being quite as solid as it needs to be. Sometimes it's the receivers. Sometimes it's the call that's not the best call for that defense. It's everything."

Offensive line coach Pat Flaherty also stuck by the veteran Diehl on Monday." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All I can say is, hopefully the coaches know what they are talking about, fix it and we start winning games again..

Sounds like a lot of hot air...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

All-Pro
    I guess they know what they are doing, but they where better with Locklear starting and they are starting to have to defend Diehl.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I guess they know what they are doing, but they where better with Locklear starting and they are starting to have to defend Diehl.
    Who is this?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Sounds like a lot of hot air...
    Exactly......

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Exactly......
    I wonder what they are seing that i'm not.

I see Diehl getting beat, i understand there is different dynamics to such a collapse but i guess i dont understand them. I mean Locklear was playing good and so was the line then he got replaced and the line has been pretty bad. i guess that's why im not an NFL coach, but im guessing they are not going to throw DD under the bus and say "yeah if we replace Diehl, the line will be completely better"

stubborn? idk...

The fact that they now have to defend Diehl says something already. People are noticing. He's lost a few steps. Its time.

I truly believe Snookie could block better than Diehl

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I truly believe Snookie could block better than Diehl
    I'd rather have JWoww, at least shes goodlooking..