+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Blah blah blah. He played fine in it last year and for about 6 games this year. No, I'm not saying he is not a very good QB, but he is struggling now and saying the system is tough is just an excuse. Get it fixed.
    "He played fine in it" Yes fine... only 29 TD's.... compared to 35-40+ by others. This offense is not designed for sexy stats, no matter how great Eli is.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    the system is not tough for Eli ....he was basically born in it

we throw on first down more than we run it
    I'd be VERY curious to see the break down. Regardless of the stats, when you have an anemic run game yet you still run the ball two consecutive times leaving third and long it makes for a VERY difficult completion.... even more so under the current circumstances with receivers struggling and pass protection being scarce.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Eli has been flat-out missing throws this season - that's on him, not the offense.
    It's a couple of games........ find me a QB that hasn't.

He's played poorly of late sure but it's magnified x10 because of our invisible offense.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Eli takes SO MUCH ridicule from NFL fans and as sickening as it sounds Giants fans. Eli is absolutely a ****ing ELITE QB in the this league. If you doubt it you're a moron, point blank period. A few poor games because of this miserable offense and now even Giants fans are doubting him? Talk about wishy-washy fans.... it was only a couple of weeks ago everyone was praising his name.

Kevin Gilbride(while he's a good OC for the most part) calls some of the most predictable, asinine play calling I have ever seen. He runs it on 1st down, 2nd down and then we're forced to throw it on 3rd down.... Geeee well isn't that just tailed made for success? It's no wonder we have one of the WORST red zone offenses in the NFL. (We are the 27th red zone scoring offense)

Add on that Tom Coughlin holds his loyalty to a washed up once upon a time great O-linemen who now couldn't block a statue if it fell on him. We also have one of the most anemic run games in the league because we hold our loyalty to a guy with 17 foot procedures on each foot and thus has speed comparable to that everyone claimed Jacobs had...or didn't have.

We have a top 5 receiver that cannot stay or get healthy for the life of him and thus has SERIOUSLY hindered this offense. We have a QB who isn't predominant on targeting his brand name receivers.

We have a STUD top 10 receiver that can't a catch a pass even if it's a bread basket one over the shoulder for a TD. As great as Cruz is and he is GREAT he struggles sometimes with concentration and or focus.

If Eli had an offense like GB, or NE, N.O. or the "Peyton offense" (where he can do what he wants when he wants) Eli would have 20 TD's already or damn close to it and less TD's I guaran-damn-tee you that.

When was the last time you saw us run the no huddle to get a rhythm going? Hell when was the last time you saw us run the no huddle when we were down this season? About as rare as a two dollar bill.

Few games where he plays poorly(Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees are all exempt from their bad games I guess?) and he's not longer elite. Lol, OK. . .

Our offense is not made for a QB to have sexy stats. We run, run, run even when the run is getting 0-3 yards all game. We have an EXTREMELY predictable offense. Our offense is predicated on the receivers beating their man. It's not easy to throw on 3rd down all the time when the offense knows you're going to throw. We very RARELY throw it in the red zone.(We have one of the worst red zone offenses in the league because we run it on 1st and 2nd down and then we're forced to throw on 3rd) There's no play action because there's zero threat of a run. The pass protection has been atrocious at times and most recently during this "poor" stretch. Victor Cruz has gone m.i.a. unless he's dropping a breadbasket TD catch. Nicks isn't healthy and hasn't been all season, thus he's been invisible. Martellus Bennett Has a Torn Knee Capsule Bruised ACL & PCL(suffered in week 5 vs Browns).

Eli has made some poor decisions the past few weeks and it's mainly because of atrocious O-line play and a struggling receiving corps to boot. The O-line ever since Diehl has returned has been abysmal...Snee, Baas all of them pretty much. Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday.

Eli trying to make a play makes a bad decision and pays for it.
    Our mix is actually very good. 252 running plays and 280 passing plays.

And your point about play action makes no sense. You claim that we run too much and then you complain that we have no play action because we don't establish the run.

I'm sorry..your post is nonsense. the kid is simply playing lousy right now. We all hope he breaks out of it. (Soon would be nice). But his bad play is no one's fault but his own. This "blame everyone but Eli" rap is nonsense but unfortunately, predictable.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I suppose. He's just looked so off this year, though.
    meh, only a few games. He was on fire earlier in the year. Let the WR's get healthy (or Eli get healthy. some say he tweaked his arm) and get their assignments and routes right. Catching balls might help if you are wondering why Eli hasn't had a TD in a month. Get the O-line cohesive again. Brown comes in to hopefully spark the running game. Every top QB has gone through a weird slump this year. Seems it's Eli's turn now. Of course that crap doesn't fly in this city.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    its called trying to set up a manageable 3rd down. at the start of the game we were in a few 3rd and 4 situations where we were not able to execute. There is nothing wrong with running it twice for every new set of downs. You just need to execute and covert on 3rd downs where it matters.

I didnt bother to read the rest because this is coming from a guy who said webster is a top 5 corner and should be left in press man to man coverage
    First of all I never said Webster was top 5 I said he was close to it somewhere around 6-7 and he ABSOLUTELY was coming into the season. What happened to Webster is a mystery for another topic.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Our mix is actually very good. 252 running plays and 280 passing plays.

And your point about play action makes no sense. You claim that we run too much and then you complain that we have no play action because we don't establish the run.

I'm sorry..your post is nonsense. the kid is simply playing lousy right now. We all hope he breaks out of it. (Soon would be nice). But his bad play is no one's fault but his own. This "blame everyone but Eli" rap is nonsense but unfortunately, predictable.
    No your statement is nonsense and false. My point about the play action is that with a run game averaging negative or 0-3 yards, there is no threat and thus the play action is laughable. Just like when we called play action in the red zone last game when the run was shut down all game long. What a great call that was...
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    meh, only a few games. He was on fire earlier in the year. Let the WR's get healthy (or Eli get healthy. some say he tweaked his arm) and get their assignments and routes right. Catching balls might help if you are wondering why Eli hasn't had a TD in a month. Get the O-line cohesive again. Brown comes in to hopefully spark the running game. Every top QB has gone through a weird slump this year. Seems it's Eli's turn now. Of course that crap doesn't fly in this city.
    Slumps don't make you do dumb things on the field.
    Eli needs confidence to play well. When he doesn't have it, he starts panicking in the pocket like the old Eli and making rookie mistakes. That's not a slump. His on field mental game is for **** right now.
    And its been 5 games now. He actually played poorly in SF but everyone else played well. (There goes your "its everybody else's fault" theory. Lets not forget the pass he threw into a defenders hands in SF at the goal line which should have been returned 100 yards. He's not seeing the field, he has poor pocket presence right now.
    I'm sorry...right now he's "skittish"
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    No your statement is nonsense and false. My point about the play action is that with a run game averaging negative or 0-3 yards, there is no threat and thus the play action is laughable. Just like when we called play action in the red zone last game when the run was shut down all game long. What a great call that was...
    So play action works when you don't run the ball?
    That sounds nuts to me.
    Get well soon 80.

Slumps don't make you do dumb things on the field.
    Eli needs confidence to play well. When he doesn't have it, he starts panicking in the pocket like the old Eli and making rookie mistakes. That's not a slump. His on field mental game is for **** right now.
    And its been 5 games now. He actually played poorly in SF but everyone else played well. (There goes your "its everybody else's fault" theory. Lets not forget the pass he threw into a defenders hands in SF at the goal line which should have been returned 100 yards. He's not seeing the field, he has poor pocket presence right now.
    I'm sorry...right now he's "skittish"
    Your posts are "skittish"

His pocket presence is fine, Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday. He had a guy grabbing his jersey when he threw second INT for crying out loud. He tried to make a play and it was a poor decision he should have taken the sack.

When you can't do jack **** on offense you have the mindset that you have to make something happen. Unfortunately for us that something was a bad decision.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

So play action works when you don't run the ball?
    That sounds nuts to me.
    My point is play action is not working PERIOD. UNTIL we start running the ball at an efficient level we should not be calling play action very much if at all.... no one is fooled.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

#80 - Get well soon Vic

+ Reply to Thread