+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The only thing I'm blaming Eli for is his own poor play. I'm not, nor have I, blamed any one player or coach for our team's poor play. Plenty of blame to go around.
    But the OP is essentially excusing Eli's bad play by blaming the rest of the team and the offensive scheme. That notion I reject without hesitation. He has played badly for 5 weeks. The team played great at SF but Eli didn't. Can't blame the rest of the team that day.
    I said after the Dallas game that we weren't going to get away with that kind of poor play anymore. Dallas and Washington handed us the game with 10 total turnovers. well starting with the Pittsburgh game, we weren't getting away with it. We have 6 games left and we better pick it up or we may not win another game. Not playing like this. And the QB is one of the culprits. He's the team leader, he's the QB, he has the ball on every play. Better team play will probably start with him.
    yeah I'd say on all counts

If we take a step back from arguing our respective positions and look at this year as a whole and this offense in general we can see some interesting things.

This offense has always struggled in the redzone, to the point of TC renaming it. Obviously not an effective solution, but obviously part of an attempt to address this issue.We have consistently put up respectable scores despite this shortcoming, particularly this season. This means we have amassed astounding amounts of game film of this offense running in high gear, not to mention in near panic, do or die mode.

This is never good and never results in more production, but considerably less. When you add to this the fact that our division rivals seem to have been the first to shut down our offense, it starts to seem pretty obvious that this scheme has been figured out. Its really the skins that did it and they did it last year, but its only now been worked into a complete "beat the giants" blueprint.

It seems like a way has been found to confound Eli and the receivers communication, making them read things very differently from their respective positions on the field. Aggressive up front, including the CBs while using the LB and S in a way that confuses the option routes, while leaving the deeper stuff looking like candy. Our OL woes and inconsistent running game really make this a relatively easy plan to execute.

Solution seems simple, at least the simple part does. Get some consistency on the offensive line. If we can make teams bring more rushers it will clear things out obviously, but if we could actually pick up these blitzers regularly it would at least make teams work to implement such a plan. If the OL and the run game could get in synch it would really put the offense back in gear.

The longer solution is to get this offense to do some evolving in a fundamental way so it cant be figured out so easily, and can be changed more easily when it is, because, fellas......I think the jig is up.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    "He played fine in it" Yes fine... only 29 TD's.... compared to 35-40+ by others. This offense is not designed for sexy stats, no matter how great Eli is.I'd be VERY curious to see the break down. Regardless of the stats, when you have an anemic run game yet you still run the ball two consecutive times leaving third and long it makes for a VERY difficult completion.... even more so under the current circumstances with receivers struggling and pass protection being scarce.
    Right so what are you trying to say about the stats?

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    If we take a step back from arguing our respective positions and look at this year as a whole and this offense in general we can see some interesting things.

This offense has always struggled in the redzone, to the point of TC renaming it. Obviously not an effective solution, but obviously part of an attempt to address this issue.We have consistently put up respectable scores despite this shortcoming, particularly this season. This means we have amassed astounding amounts of game film of this offense running in high gear, not to mention in near panic, do or die mode.

This is never good and never results in more production, but considerably less. When you add to this the fact that our division rivals seem to have been the first to shut down our offense, it starts to seem pretty obvious that this scheme has been figured out. Its really the skins that did it and they did it last year, but its only now been worked into a complete "beat the giants" blueprint.

It seems like a way has been found to confound Eli and the receivers communication, making them read things very differently from their respective positions on the field. Aggressive up front, including the CBs while using the LB and S in a way that confuses the option routes, while leaving the deeper stuff looking like candy. Our OL woes and inconsistent running game really make this a relatively easy plan to execute.

Solution seems simple, at least the simple part does. Get some consistency on the offensive line. If we can make teams bring more rushers it will clear things out obviously, but if we could actually pick up these blitzers regularly it would at least make teams work to implement such a plan. If the OL and the run game could get in synch it would really put the offense back in gear.

The longer solution is to get this offense to do some evolving in a fundamental way so it cant be figured out so easily, and can be changed more easily when it is, because, fellas......I think the jig is up.
    Agreed. I noticed how we went short and did quick passes during the bengals game......after we were already in the hole by gosh knows how much. Otherwise we see the same old crap where Eli has to hold the ball for five years futilely waiting for guys to get off coverage. Design some more plays to get the ball out quick!

Teams are daring us to go deep on them and we keep on obliging.
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-15-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Your posts are "skittish"

His pocket presence is fine, Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday. He had a guy grabbing his jersey when he threw second INT for crying out loud. He tried to make a play and it was a poor decision he should have taken the sack.

When you can't do jack **** on offense you have the mindset that you have to make something happen. Unfortunately for us that something was a bad decision.
    Question for you: Why is it ok for Eli to throw an interception under pressure because he was essentially trying to do to much instead of taking the sack, but its not ok for Bradshaw to fumble(I believe you called him complete garbage or something to that effect if I remember correctly) while trying to do to much?(he was trying to carry at least 3 maybe four defenders?

Eli's done fine in the offense for nine years now. He's in a funk, it happens, so is the rest of the team. it's not complicated.

Nice job

I agree. the offense is not suited to Eli. KG is an idiot has been and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    the system is not tough for Eli ....he was basically born in it

and after reading your post I have come to the conclusion that you don't understand the NY Giants offensive system
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Our mix is actually very good. 252 running plays and 280 passing plays.

And your point about play action makes no sense. You claim that we run too much and then you complain that we have no play action because we don't establish the run.

I'm sorry..your post is nonsense. the kid is simply playing lousy right now. We all hope he breaks out of it. (Soon would be nice). But his bad play is no one's fault but his own. This "blame everyone but Eli" rap is nonsense but unfortunately, predictable.
    +1

i agree. its like we're watching completely different giants games. run run pass? seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    +1

i agree. its like we're watching completely different giants games. run run pass? seriously?
    This is just Jack before his meds
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread