+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Rivers did it with some no-name guys a few years back. And so did Eli with guys like Steve Smith, Derek Hagan, and Jake Ballard.
    What are you takling about? What no name guys? Vincent Jackson all pro wr. Or all pro and likely futre HoF Tight End Antonioo Gates? Or was it When he had perhaps the best 3rd down back in the league Darren Sproles? Maybe you are refering to pervious years when they had many of those guys AND fall of fame RB Ladanian Tomlinson.

Yep.....real nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    I'd like to think that. but we have a lot to clean up before we think our QB can fix the worlds problems. We can't even run the ball well. This thing is deep. I trust TC will figure the whole mess out. He's got two weeks.
    the "we cant run the ball" excuse has to stop. Great Qb's dont need a run game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Peyton is making Eric Decker and Demarius Thomas look like all-pro wideouts after working with them for a couple of months.
    call me crazy but demarius thomas is actually really good. He made some cruz like plays that helped tebow win some key games last year and he scorched the steelers defense twice. He is tall and fast and Now he finally has good QB. This guy will have a good career if he stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    What are you takling about? What no name guys? Vincent Jackson all pro wr. Or all pro and likely futre HoF Tight End Antonioo Gates? Or was it When he had perhaps the best 3rd down back in the league Darren Sproles? Maybe you are refering to pervious years when they had many of those guys AND fall of fame RB Ladanian Tomlinson.

Yep.....real nobodies.
    No no,, he is absolutely right. Back in 2010, Rivers lost all his WR's to injury for a good chunk of the season, and he was throwing for 300 plus yards with guys off the street. One guy had a name that no one could pronounce.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

If i am not mistaking, he threw for the most yards that year with 4700 and went to the pro bowl as the starting QB. What in the world happened to Rivers i will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Slumps don't make you do dumb things on the field.
    Eli needs confidence to play well. When he doesn't have it, he starts panicking in the pocket like the old Eli and making rookie mistakes. That's not a slump. His on field mental game is for **** right now.
    And its been 5 games now. He actually played poorly in SF but everyone else played well. (There goes your "its everybody else's fault" theory. Lets not forget the pass he threw into a defenders hands in SF at the goal line which should have been returned 100 yards. He's not seeing the field, he has poor pocket presence right now.
    I'm sorry...right now he's "skittish"
    Again it's not on solely Eli it's on DD and webster putting us in oles. the wrs yes needs to ne better but he is not the sole reason casue you think so. ANY quartebak will be pas with defenders holding on to his jeserys. Eli will tun this are arong Ms has a lttile faith. those dumbdesions that yout talking about dome straight from DD. i DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS PFF

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Again it's not on solely Eli it's on DD and webster putting us in oles. the wrs yes needs to ne better but he is not the sole reason casue you think so. ANY quartebak will be pas with defenders holding on to his jeserys. Eli will tun this are arong Ms has a lttile faith. those dumbdesions that yout talking about dome straight from DD. i DON'T CARE ABOUT HIS PFF
    No one is saying this is soley on Eli. The Op is trying to make excuses and blame everyone else. Moreheads whole point is everyone deserves blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    The only thing I'm blaming Eli for is his own poor play. I'm not, nor have I, blamed any one player or coach for our team's poor play. Plenty of blame to go around.
    But the OP is essentially excusing Eli's bad play by blaming the rest of the team and the offensive scheme. That notion I reject without hesitation. He has played badly for 5 weeks. The team played great at SF but Eli didn't. Can't blame the rest of the team that day.
    I said after the Dallas game that we weren't going to get away with that kind of poor play anymore. Dallas and Washington handed us the game with 10 total turnovers. well starting with the Pittsburgh game, we weren't getting away with it. We have 6 games left and we better pick it up or we may not win another game. Not playing like this. And the QB is one of the culprits. He's the team leader, he's the QB, he has the ball on every play. Better team play will probably start with him.
    i SISNT HERE U WHEN WE WERE WINNING AND THE GUY HAD is not on to blame ut you like to insist so... The whole offense as a hole. open your eyes please. Ifthis ways Simms let me guess we would be 9-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    No one is saying this is soley on Eli. The Op is trying to make excuses and blame everyone else. Moreheads whole point is everyone deserves blame.
    My pointi that he's saying his slump is'nt not on DD and he is leaving unfree runners at the quarterback so how can you defend that has nothing to do with??? Or peopple dropping passses???

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is just Jack before his meds
    thank you. figured something was off.

LOL

+ Reply to Thread