+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    OK the premise of this thread is way off base.
    Very few QB's have as much control over their offense as Eli. Peyton and Brees do but few others. He has the power at the LOS to read the defense, adjust coverage, adjust routes, change the play. Not just the power but he has the responsibility to do so. He essentially runs this offense. To blame "play calling" is nonsense. Eli is not some rookie that runs the play thats called on the sidelines.
    This is not only not a QB unfriendly offense, its an offense that any veteran QB would kill to play in.

This whole "blame everyone else" position is an insult to Eli himself, as if he has no control over the offensive strategy.
    The kid threw for 4900 yards last year in this offense. We threw it all over the place. And we're still throwing it much more than we run it still.
    Just stop with this.
    its friendly for QB's that are smart enough to handle it ,Like Eli. Put an Eagle QB in it u would have a disaster. Alot of the plays people blame Gilbride for its actually Eli changing the play

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    no
    Yes he is light years better of a blocker and a better receiver 2

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yes he is light years better of a blocker and a better receiver 2
    good blocker, but cant catch

he cant catch
    a few isolated plays does not take away his value as a whole. People seem to forget the guy is injured when he was healthy at the start of the season he was killing it and opening up the field for other players something Ballard never did.

a few isolated plays.
    I stopped reading there because i knew you would say that. Its not a few isolated plays. It is becoming a problem. He has had a number of drops and i have noticed it early on in the season. Its getting to the point where he drops a pass that is right in his hands every game. Ive lost trust in him. He is not reliable like ballad was when the ball was thrown his way. I wont argue who is the better player because bennett can block well. But judging from last year ballard is a better route runner and catches the ball better

I stopped reading there because i knew you would say that. Its not a few isolated plays. It is becoming a problem. He has had a number of drops and i have noticed it early on in the season. Its getting to the point where he drops a pass that is right in his hands every game. Ive lost trust in him. He is not reliable like ballad was when the ball was thrown his way. I wont argue who is the better player because bennett can block well. But judging from last year ballard is a better route runner and catches the ball better
    After the Ballards first 6 games when no 1 covered him his catch rate dropped to 50%. Defenses respect Bennett a hell of a lot more then Ballard

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
    lmao i almost smacked my laptop
    I did smack mine...
    Then I thought he put a crack in my monitor.

After the Ballards first 6 games when no 1 covered him his catch rate dropped to 50%. Defenses respect Bennett a hell of a lot more then Ballard
    ballard has better hands. his drop rate dropping to 50% is a misleading stat. If you cant get both hands on the ball or if you take a hard hit and lose the ball i would imagine it counts as a drop. those are understandable. I remember ballard dropping a few easy ones toward the end of the year but bennett makes it a habbit.

a few isolated plays does not take away his value as a whole. People seem to forget the guy is injured when he was healthy at the start of the season he was killing it and opening up the field for other players something Ballard never did.
    said it another thread. Bennet, IMO, has an issue with concentration. I think he is easily distracted and rarley has 100% focus on what he should be doing.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Eli takes SO MUCH ridicule from NFL fans and as sickening as it sounds Giants fans. Eli is absolutely a ****ing ELITE QB in the this league. If you doubt it you're a moron, point blank period. A few poor games because of this miserable offense and now even Giants fans are doubting him? Talk about wishy-washy fans.... it was only a couple of weeks ago everyone was praising his name.

Kevin Gilbride(while he's a good OC for the most part) calls some of the most predictable, asinine play calling I have ever seen. He runs it on 1st down, 2nd down and then we're forced to throw it on 3rd down.... Geeee well isn't that just tailed made for success? It's no wonder we have one of the WORST red zone offenses in the NFL. (We are the 27th red zone scoring offense)

Add on that Tom Coughlin holds his loyalty to a washed up once upon a time great O-linemen who now couldn't block a statue if it fell on him. We also have one of the most anemic run games in the league because we hold our loyalty to a guy with 17 foot procedures on each foot and thus has speed comparable to that everyone claimed Jacobs had...or didn't have.

We have a top 5 receiver that cannot stay or get healthy for the life of him and thus has SERIOUSLY hindered this offense. We have a QB who isn't predominant on targeting his brand name receivers.

We have a STUD top 10 receiver that can't a catch a pass even if it's a bread basket one over the shoulder for a TD. As great as Cruz is and he is GREAT he struggles sometimes with concentration and or focus.

If Eli had an offense like GB, or NE, N.O. or the "Peyton offense" (where he can do what he wants when he wants) Eli would have 20 TD's already or damn close to it and less TD's I guaran-damn-tee you that.

When was the last time you saw us run the no huddle to get a rhythm going? Hell when was the last time you saw us run the no huddle when we were down this season? About as rare as a two dollar bill.

Few games where he plays poorly(Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees are all exempt from their bad games I guess?) and he's not longer elite. Lol, OK. . .

Our offense is not made for a QB to have sexy stats. We run, run, run even when the run is getting 0-3 yards all game. We have an EXTREMELY predictable offense. Our offense is predicated on the receivers beating their man. It's not easy to throw on 3rd down all the time when the offense knows you're going to throw. We very RARELY throw it in the red zone.(We have one of the worst red zone offenses in the league because we run it on 1st and 2nd down and then we're forced to throw on 3rd) There's no play action because there's zero threat of a run. The pass protection has been atrocious at times and most recently during this "poor" stretch. Victor Cruz has gone m.i.a. unless he's dropping a breadbasket TD catch. Nicks isn't healthy and hasn't been all season, thus he's been invisible. Martellus Bennett Has a Torn Knee Capsule Bruised ACL & PCL(suffered in week 5 vs Browns).

Eli has made some poor decisions the past few weeks and it's mainly because of atrocious O-line play and a struggling receiving corps to boot. The O-line ever since Diehl has returned has been abysmal...Snee, Baas all of them pretty much. Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday.

Eli trying to make a play makes a bad decision and pays for it.
    Come out insulting fans and then expect them to read your trash...pathetic

+ Reply to Thread