+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    said it another thread. Bennet, IMO, has an issue with concentration. I think he is easily distracted and rarley has 100% focus on what he should be doing.
    i feel the same way. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy has a lot of potential and is physically gifted. But i get the feeling thats all he will ever be and i hope i am wrong. He reminds me a little of dez bryant. I dont know if there is another receiver in the NFL who is more physically gifted than dez for the exception of CJ. But dez just cant put it all together and he is unable to play at his full potential. a lot of it has to do with injuries but i think most of it is because he isnt focused.

QB Friendly is the type of offensive any qb or most qbs can play in. Like game management.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    QB Friendly is the type of offensive any qb or most qbs can play in. Like game management.
    That's not the way I interpret that expression at all.
    To me "QB friendly" suggests a system where a QB can thrive and be productive. Your definition suggests that a system where a QB just needs to hand the ball off is QB friendly.
    By you definition a "QB friendly" system would be a bad one of a talented QB.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Are some of you guys even looked at play callin and do they really look at the plays KG has? I ask this question cause I've seen a lot of good plays from KG so play design is not the issue here. Some of the plays aren't being used like the rb screen. KG does too many of those wr screens and our wrs may not be that good of blockers like the Giants had in 08 When they had Plax and Toomer. Our backs also haven't been receivers and KG has plays for them to.

I told one poster that KG is not that good of a play caller and the poster I was talking to said he is the OC. Yet the poster I talked to seems to like he doesn't know that all humans have different traits. We have weaknesses and calling plays may be one of them for KG. Yet then again maybe his players are unable to do some of those plays KG has. They better learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's not the way I interpret that expression at all.
    To me "QB friendly" suggests a system where a QB can thrive and be productive. Your definition suggests that a system where a QB just needs to hand the ball off is QB friendly.
    By you definition a "QB friendly" system would be a bad one of a talented QB.
    You said a qb. Yet my expression is better cause a qb friendly offense is the type where many qbs can do well in not just a qb. The production increases or decreases depending on the qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    You said a qb. Yet my expression is better cause a qb friendly offense is the type where many qbs can do well in not just a qb. The production increases or decreases depending on the qb.
    If this is the interpretation we are using then I would say that the original posts here is irrelevant. By your definition the last kind of offense we would want Eli playing in is one that any QB could play in easily.
    Its like saying that a Santana song isn't "guitar player friendly" because it requires that the guitar player be really good.
    Our system puts a lot of responsibility on the QB. Lots of reads, including during the play. This kind of system enables an outstanding QB to be extremely productive. It also would be a bad system for a poor QB.
    So if the OP is looking for a system that any QB could play well in, I would say thats the wrong sysytem for our guy.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Eli takes SO MUCH ridicule from NFL fans and as sickening as it sounds Giants fans. Eli is absolutely a ****ing ELITE QB in the this league. If you doubt it you're a moron, point blank period. A few poor games because of this miserable offense and now even Giants fans are doubting him? Talk about wishy-washy fans.... it was only a couple of weeks ago everyone was praising his name.

Kevin Gilbride(while he's a good OC for the most part) calls some of the most predictable, asinine play calling I have ever seen. He runs it on 1st down, 2nd down and then we're forced to throw it on 3rd down.... Geeee well isn't that just tailed made for success? It's no wonder we have one of the WORST red zone offenses in the NFL. (We are the 27th red zone scoring offense)

Add on that Tom Coughlin holds his loyalty to a washed up once upon a time great O-linemen who now couldn't block a statue if it fell on him. We also have one of the most anemic run games in the league because we hold our loyalty to a guy with 17 foot procedures on each foot and thus has speed comparable to that everyone claimed Jacobs had...or didn't have.

We have a top 5 receiver that cannot stay or get healthy for the life of him and thus has SERIOUSLY hindered this offense. We have a QB who isn't predominant on targeting his brand name receivers.

We have a STUD top 10 receiver that can't a catch a pass even if it's a bread basket one over the shoulder for a TD. As great as Cruz is and he is GREAT he struggles sometimes with concentration and or focus.

If Eli had an offense like GB, or NE, N.O. or the "Peyton offense" (where he can do what he wants when he wants) Eli would have 20 TD's already or damn close to it and less TD's I guaran-damn-tee you that.

When was the last time you saw us run the no huddle to get a rhythm going? Hell when was the last time you saw us run the no huddle when we were down this season? About as rare as a two dollar bill.

Few games where he plays poorly(Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees are all exempt from their bad games I guess?) and he's not longer elite. Lol, OK. . .

Our offense is not made for a QB to have sexy stats. We run, run, run even when the run is getting 0-3 yards all game. We have an EXTREMELY predictable offense. Our offense is predicated on the receivers beating their man. It's not easy to throw on 3rd down all the time when the offense knows you're going to throw. We very RARELY throw it in the red zone.(We have one of the worst red zone offenses in the league because we run it on 1st and 2nd down and then we're forced to throw on 3rd) There's no play action because there's zero threat of a run. The pass protection has been atrocious at times and most recently during this "poor" stretch. Victor Cruz has gone m.i.a. unless he's dropping a breadbasket TD catch. Nicks isn't healthy and hasn't been all season, thus he's been invisible. Martellus Bennett Has a Torn Knee Capsule Bruised ACL & PCL(suffered in week 5 vs Browns).

Eli has made some poor decisions the past few weeks and it's mainly because of atrocious O-line play and a struggling receiving corps to boot. The O-line ever since Diehl has returned has been abysmal...Snee, Baas all of them pretty much. Diehl allowed 3 sacks alone Sunday.

Eli trying to make a play makes a bad decision and pays for it.
    Nobody and I mean NO BODY has been more of an Eli defender than me since he came into the league..... as anyone who reviews the posts and threads I've written can plainly see........and I've made threads just like yours many many times, and I fully appreciate your need to defend Eli's status as a good QB...which he clearl but you have it backwards.
    It's for those very reasons...his playoff performances, SB MVP's, and impressive NFL records that you CAN'T defend Eli's performance of late....because he shouldn't be making those same silly rookie mistakes!
    Eli has this condition I call "being in the moment-itis". He KNOWS he shouldn't force a throw, he PROMISES not to force anymore throws, until he gets into a game where he is under duress, he forgets what he SHOULDN'T do, and what he promised to no longer do his " being in the moment-itis" kicks in and he forces something, often with it ending in disatser.
    When you win 2 SB's in 5 years and were MVP in both, you are held to a higher standard...and for good reason, so you CAN'T try to justify the way Eli has played of late, because he should be clearer of head IN THE MOMENT and playing like an elite QB instead of his 04 rookie version!
    Now..do i believe Eli will turn this around? Absolutely! But do I give him a mulligan for his recent bumbling horribleness? NO....ok, more truthfully...not anymore...because he's supposed to be better and more consistent than this...and he hasn't been!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 11-16-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Nobody and I mean NO BODY has been more of an Eli defender than me since he came into the league..... as anyone who reviews the posts and threads I've written can plainly see........and I've made threads just like yours many many times, and I fully appreciate your need to defend Eli's status as a good QB...which he clearl
    you just take sniper fire?
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If this is the interpretation we are using then I would say that the original posts here is irrelevant. By your definition the last kind of offense we would want Eli playing in is one that any QB could play in easily.
    Its like saying that a Santana song isn't "guitar player friendly" because it requires that the guitar player be really good.
    Our system puts a lot of responsibility on the QB. Lots of reads, including during the play. This kind of system enables an outstanding QB to be extremely productive. It also would be a bad system for a poor QB.
    So if the OP is looking for a system that any QB could play well in, I would say thats the wrong sysytem for our guy.
    Huh? Look, all qbs aren't the same so a OC made a system that can help all qbs by what they can do.

Veteran
    Theres a difference between a Quarterback and a Game Manager. Alex Smith is a game manager, Mark Sanchez is a game manager. They're asked to execute a different plan with little risk and not asked to do much anything more.

Tom Brady is a Quarterback, Peyton is a Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers is a Quarterback, Eli Manning is supposed to be a Quarterback.
    a QB leads the team to victory, and runs the offense. Right now Eli is doing none of that.

I'm tired of excuses. Of course there are plenty of other players to blame, but Eli also has a share of it to account for.

He's simply not playing like he is expected to.

+ Reply to Thread