+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Theres a difference between a Quarterback and a Game Manager. Alex Smith is a game manager, Mark Sanchez is a game manager. They're asked to execute a different plan with little risk and not asked to do much anything more.

Tom Brady is a Quarterback, Peyton is a Quarterback, Aaron Rodgers is a Quarterback, Eli Manning is supposed to be a Quarterback.
    a QB leads the team to victory, and runs the offense. Right now Eli is doing none of that.

I'm tired of excuses. Of course there are plenty of other players to blame, but Eli also has a share of it to account for.

He's simply not playing like he is expected to.
    Tom, Peyton, Aaron and Drew are also all reduced to mere mortals when facing pressure. The Giants dont have superbowl rings if this werent true (specifically of Brady and Rodgers).

Eli just needs to stop doing stupid things that compound the problem. Just take the sack.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    If Eli had an offense like GB, or NE, N.O. or the "Peyton offense" (where he can do what he wants when he wants) Eli would have 20 TD's already or damn close to it and less TD's I guaran-damn-tee you that.
    You do realize that we beat 2 out of 3 of those teams in the biggest games, right? And in GB's case, it was due to their receivers not being reliable (lots of unexplained drops). In NE's case, their vaunted offense AGAIN failed to top 20 points against us in the most important game of the year.

People have and teams have bad games. When they happen in a row it's a slump. Doesn't mean anything other than the coaching staff has to find a way to help the players work through it.

Banned
    The system does suck and Eli has made the best of it. However, it is time for a new OC and a different system.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    You do realize that we beat 2 out of 3 of those teams in the biggest games, right? And in GB's case, it was due to their receivers not being reliable (lots of unexplained drops). In NE's case, their vaunted offense AGAIN failed to top 20 points against us in the most important game of the year.

People have and teams have bad games. When they happen in a row it's a slump. Doesn't mean anything other than the coaching staff has to find a way to help the players work through it.
    Unexplained drops? Please watch the Packers. Their receivers drop numerous passes every game. Watch Finley, guy has hands of stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    If this is the interpretation we are using then I would say that the original posts here is irrelevant. By your definition the last kind of offense we would want Eli playing in is one that any QB could play in easily.
    Its like saying that a Santana song isn't "guitar player friendly" because it requires that the guitar player be really good.
    Our system puts a lot of responsibility on the QB. Lots of reads, including during the play. This kind of system enables an outstanding QB to be extremely productive. It also would be a bad system for a poor QB.
    So if the OP is looking for a system that any QB could play well in, I would say thats the wrong sysytem for our guy.
    This Passing game at its core is unstoppable when working perfectly. I love when someone tells me the Giants r too Conservative then say they throw 2 many deep balls

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The system does suck and Eli has made the best of it. However, it is time for a new OC and a different system.
    Yeah because its normal to fire an OC who has the team every year in the Top 10 in scoring

its cute seeing the same faces in here complaining about eli's play even though they've been shut down so many times before.

when will u guys learn

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    its cute seeing the same faces in here complaining about eli's play even though they've been shut down so many times before.

when will u guys learn
    bitterness perhaps?
    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-16-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post

when will u guys learn
    Too bad you missed the last 4 games. I was under the impression that you actually watched the Giants play.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    you just take sniper fire?
    You're going to have to explain to me what you mean by your statement, because I'm not following where you're going with it.

+ Reply to Thread