+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: We have one of the LEAST QB friendly offenses in the NFL and no one realizes it

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Too bad you missed the last 4 games. I was under the impression that you actually watched the Giants play.
    I did see Eli not at his best. I also so a holy like the pope oline. Anybody that sweats it or 180s their opinion dramatically about Eli is off their rocker

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    I did see Eli not at his best. I also so a holy like the pope oline. Anybody that sweats it or 180s their opinion dramatically about Eli is off their rocker
    No one is doing that at all. What some (including me) are saying is that he's played like crap the last 4 weeks and needs to pick up his game along with the rest of the team or 6-2 will turn into 6-10 in no time.
    The "not at his best" crap is too ridiculous to respond to.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No one is doing that at all. What some (including me) are saying is that he's played like crap the last 4 weeks and needs to pick up his game along with the rest of the team or 6-2 will turn into 6-10 in no time.
    The "not at his best" crap is too ridiculous to respond to.
    Is the sky falling yet?

And no u have completely lost ur mind. U went from hating, to agreeing he's a HOFer, to then sayin he never will. Your like a teen on the rag with your Eli mood swings

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Is the sky falling yet?

And no u have completely lost ur mind. U went from hating, to agreeing he's a HOFer, to then sayin he never will. Your like a teen on the rag with your Eli mood swings
    The sky is only falling if we continue to play the way we are? Do you think thta effort on Sunday was good enough for us to beat most teams?
    Didn't think so.

All I've said is that he's sucked for 4 weeks. Which he has. Great QB's don't play that badly for that long. For him its actually been 5 weeks.
    Show me any of the elite QB's in this league who have had 1 TD and 6 picks in any 5 game stretch in their prime.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    This post is just not true and a classic we are on a two game losing streak thread - hate gilbride all you want he and coughlin run a downfield system that is favorable to the QB. GO BLUE.

Changes don't be made and the Giants will lose more games. Giants Offense is too predictable and too many deep routes. Suppose to mix them up to keep the defense on their toes.

There is nothing wrong with Gilbride scheme, Eli needs to make better decisions and someone has to help Eli out in the passing game. Cruz is an undrafted free agent handling double teams for the 1st time, Nicks is always injured but showed some flashes that he's back. Our main problem is the tight end, 3rd receiver, and receivers out the backfield. No1 in our backfield can catch the ball, I even watch Wilson drop or bobble it in the passing game, Bennett teases us fans thinking he's a redzone threat. Fans can run their mouth negatively about Ballard, but he made plays in the endzone. Bennett cant run the fade route, and he loses focus where the out of bounds line is. Hixon, Barden, and Reuben needs to step up like Manningham did for us last year.

When Ballard and Beckum was hurt in that SuperBowl, we had no options at tight end and the Patriots made sure they doubled Nicks and Cruz. Do you know who benefited from that...Mario Manningham was the unsung hero of that game and even in the Niner game he made a huge catch. We are not getting that this season. Nicks and Cruz are facing the double teams, and Bennett, Hixon, Barden, Reuben, Bradshaw, and Wilson are not taking advantage of it.

If I was Gilbride, I would be frustrated with this lack of talent. I would run 2 man routes all day with extra blockers from running formations because we dont have any other options to back up Nicks and Cruz.

All-Pro
    I would say that the offense is QB friendly, but WR unfriendly... it is extremely difficult for a new receiver to come in and learn the option routes, and get on the same page as the QB.. understanding what he sees and what he expects. It's a great system, when all the pieces are working in sync, and as we have seen a lousy offense when they are not.

Suggesting it is a lack of talent beyond Cruz and Nicks, in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous. Hixon and Reuben are fine as third receivers... however, Reuben has had some trouble catching on with the system. .

I don't know what the solution is, but sometimes "dumbing it down" is the best approach, letting the speed and talent take over rather than relying on overly complex system where too many factors are involved with executing correctly. One thing I do know, this team can no longer rely on its defense to win games for them, they will do just enough to keep them in it, the offense has to make some plays if they are going to make the playoffs this year.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

I do not agree with this system being WR unfriendly as well. Its 10 weeks into the season, and they had the entire offseason to get this system down. Hixon and Barden been in the same system for years, there is just no excuse for this. People thought that this system was too complicated for Mario Manningham and he did well as a Giant and looks to be struggling as a 49er (which is a run oriented team). And its not like Eli Manning does not put the extra time in to work with all his receivers and mentor them.

I just think its a lack of talent. Barden has never emerged and just can't seem to fight out the press despite his size. Hixon can never stay healthy, and I really think he lost a step from a couple of years ago. Randle is an immature rookie who was called out from his teammates for being lackadaisical out there. This system may be unfriendly to Bennett because he's just a bonehead and never seems to come through in the redzone. Jernigan...lol where do I start? Look at these guys....Barden, Hixon, and Jernigan has no excuse...its the same damn system, someone needs to step it up because I dont see anything else to back up Nicks and Cruz.

Teams are lucky to have one receiver of Cruz or Nicks' calibre - the Giants have both. There is no lack of talent on that offense.

+ Reply to Thread