+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray Edwards' release a message to Falcons players

Not sure if any seen this, and no.. I don't think we should sign him, just thought it was kind of crazy..

Regardless of record, the 8-1 Atlanta Falcons said they will evaluate their team every week. If players thought they were hollow words, the release of Ray Edwards on Monday sent a clear message.
    "It's scary," rookie offensive lineman Peter Konz said, managing a weak smile, via the Associated Press. "It makes you think. But if you do the right things, get the job done on the field, you don't have to be too worried about it€
    Edwards signed a five-year, $30 million contract ($11 million guaranteed) in July 2011 to compliment defensive end John Abraham in the pass rush. He has done little in his 25 games with the Falcons, posting just 3.5 sacks last year and zero in nine games to start this season.
    The big name bombed out big time. Coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff weren't afraid to eat the sunk cost and move on with players who were more productive. Any player can be replaced at any time.
    The locker room got the notice.
    "It's a wakeup call," safety Thomas DeCoud said Wednesday. "The message has been received."
    Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...alcons-players

I never try to be something I'm not,

Eli Manning

Veteran
    We need a wakeup call, unfortunately not gonna happen with these coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Not sure if any seen this, and no.. I don't think we should sign him, just thought it was kind of crazy..

Regardless of record, the 8-1 Atlanta Falcons said they will evaluate their team every week. If players thought they were hollow words, the release of Ray Edwards on Monday sent a clear message.
    "It's scary," rookie offensive lineman Peter Konz said, managing a weak smile, via the Associated Press. "It makes you think. But if you do the right things, get the job done on the field, you don't have to be too worried about it€
    Edwards signed a five-year, $30 million contract ($11 million guaranteed) in July 2011 to compliment defensive end John Abraham in the pass rush. He has done little in his 25 games with the Falcons, posting just 3.5 sacks last year and zero in nine games to start this season.
    The big name bombed out big time. Coach Mike Smith and general manager Thomas Dimitroff weren't afraid to eat the sunk cost and move on with players who were more productive. Any player can be replaced at any time.
    The locker room got the notice.
    "It's a wakeup call," safety Thomas DeCoud said Wednesday. "The message has been received."
    Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...alcons-players
    IF we did this the Giants would be a totally different football team!

WOW! Osi and Tuck would wake up big time! if they are not the ones getting cut

Banned
    NY Jets will pick up Ray Edwards.

I'm sure the members of our Dline saw this and realize we could do the same (or at least at the end of the season) if they aren't living up to the level of their contract. I think this type of situation would apply to players like Tuck and Canty who have signed monster contracts with us, but maybe haven't met expectations.

Totally agree! Our guys do need a wakeup call. If things continue the way they are, I don't think letting Osi, walk and Canty or Tuck being release is out of the question... They are making big money for doing pretty much nothing. We can pay rookies or vets a lot less money to do the same thing..

Eli Manning

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    NY Jets will pick up Ray Edwards.
    They can pick up Osi at the end of the season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    They can pick up Osi at the end of the season
    They can have Osi now.

They can have Osi now.
    LMFAO

They can have Osi now.
    lol, I don't think it would hurt us much at all. Tracey could probably miss tackles and get no pressure for us..

Eli Manning