+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Antrel Rolle Says Players Are To Blame, Not Coaches

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/14/...e-not-coaches/

Excerpt: "After losing two straight games and falling to 6-4 on the season, the New York Giants have been facing a rather large amount of scrutiny and criticism. And, as it usually does, the vast majority of that has fallen on the shoulders of head coach Tom Coughlin, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and defensive coordinator Perry Fewell. But while appearing on WFAN on Tuesday, safety Antrel Rolle said there's no justification for that as the players are the ones failing right now … not the coaches.

"Like I told the coaches Monday, it doesn't really matter how hard you guys are going to be on us because right now at this point obviously we need it because we're not doing the simple things that we're being taught to do as a defensive unit," Rolle said.

Rolle noted that many of their issues are correctable, and pointed out A.J. Green's 56-yard touchdown as an example. Although he would not specify a culprit (it was Stevie Brown, for what it's worth), Rolle admitted that it was a blown coverage and something completely avoidable." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

lol @ "it was Stevie Brown, for what it's worth".

Everyone makes mistakes it just seems our team has been making a ton of them on all sides of the ball the last 3 games..

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    lol @ "it was Stevie Brown, for what it's worth".

Everyone makes mistakes it just seems our team has been making a ton of them on all sides of the ball the last 3 games..
    Stevie Brown was trying to make a play, it was just the wrong play at that particular time
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    You know, sometimes I'm tired of hearing him talk, but its times like this that I like his style. This was a good read and good job by Rolle.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    You know, sometimes I'm tired of hearing him talk, but its times like this that I like his style. This was a good read and good job by Rolle.
    Whatever else Rolle is, I think he's honest and tells is like it is

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Stevie Brown was trying to make a play, it was just the wrong play at that particular time
    Yeah, you can't harp on him for jumping a route because that's what Stevie Brown does.. I wish more players played like he did. Or at least the coaches let players play like he does. Not play 15 yards off and let them get 10 yards at a time. Of course, if we had Jonas on the team, he'd be able to take out the whole Oline by himself.. lol

Congratulations Rolle, you've recognized one of the problems.

Now do something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

of course, EVERYONE will ignore an actual player saying "its on us", and continue to talk about the bad playcalling, lack of david wilson, insistance of keeping dehiel in.

blah, blah, blah, blah.

when rolle called out the team last year is when things heated up. he needs to put them in check over this bye.

Gonna miss the big guy. rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    is it me, but anytime rolle talks trash to the other team we lose.