+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are the Giants issues a byproduct of their success?

If any team's QB struggles, the team will struggle. It doesn't just apply to the Giants.

You're comparing teams of different era's dude. You can't do that. There never be the Cowboys, Steelers, Giant teams of old - ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree....and it shouldn't be that way.

Another example was the Philly loss.....1st down on the 26 yard line.....at that point, there was no reason to assume Eli had to win the game......it should have shifted to the running game and kicking game......instead, a questionable decision to put the ball in the air that resulted in a penalty and eventual missed kick.

That Philly game is the sort of scenario that a balanced team would win.

Yeah I hear ya, that Philly game and late penalty pissed me off to no end.. only worse, my philly friend rubbed that **** in my face. lol

success breeds complacency

in the strahan days, the media gave praise to our defense's run stopping ability. keeping almost every running back under 100 yards. now its all about these glorified pass rushers that dont care about stopping the run, but just getting sacks. almost as if its becoming to the point where rb's look forward to playing the giants so they can have a big day.

No, but you know what DEFINITELY is a by-product of this team success? All these whiny fans. Shoo flies

I am not good with all the stats and stuff,but it is odd to me that the giants have ceased to put together a more balanced team that can do both , win with a running game or win with a passing game . seems they are always just a little short of the exact mix of guys to get that done. but, they are still the best anyway. I am just not good with all the fine details as you guys! just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
    in the strahan days, the media gave praise to our defense's run stopping ability. keeping almost every running back under 100 yards. now its all about these glorified pass rushers that dont care about stopping the run, but just getting sacks. almost as if its becoming to the point where rb's look forward to playing the giants so they can have a big day.
    Pass rushers are glorified because of the immense shift to the NFL becoming a passing league. I was listening on the radio about how teams are all trying to get their version of the "nascar" package.... who knows this may all eventually result in the running game coming back to the nfl to counteract all these teams loaded with pass rushers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Pass rushers are glorified because of the immense shift to the NFL becoming a passing league. I was listening on the radio about how teams are all trying to get their version of the "nascar" package.... who knows this may all eventually result in the running game coming back to the nfl to counteract all these teams loaded with pass rushers.
    Seems to me the running game has seen a small resurgence already this year. SOme of our statiticians can confirm or refute that probably. Of course not OUR running game but there are teams out there that are getting it done on the ground more than last year SF comes to mind. Skins.

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    Seems to me the running game has seen a small resurgence already this year. SOme of our statiticians can confirm or refute that probably. Of course not OUR running game but there are teams out there that are getting it done on the ground more than last year SF comes to mind. Skins.
    Yeah but our D will pad any teams stats

The league goes through trends. At one point it was smashmouth football, then came the west coast offense, the greatest show on turf/cover 2, running back by committee, etc. All of it, like bad fashion, is recycled over and over. Right now the Giants' defense was based off of pass rushing and it has been successful to get us to two Super Bowls. When a team is successful, other teams use the blueprint and build off of it, improve upon it or build to counter it.

Right now the Giants are being countered with slants and killed in the middle. Defenses are countering our offense, though throwing to defenders doesn't help. We are at a point where we were the superior creature in a short psan but now it is time for us to evolve again. Just an observation.

+ Reply to Thread