+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants try out RB Torain and QB Painter

Giants try out RB Torain and QB Painter

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Former #Redskins RB Ryan Torain was one of several players to work out for the Giants this week. QB Curtis Painter did as well.

The RB I understand...but Curtis Painter?

I never try to be something I'm not,

Eli Manning

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    The RB I understand...but Curtis Painter?
    Hey, maybe it'll light a fire under Eli's ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Hey, maybe it'll light a fire under Eli's ***.
    In thought that's the reason we kept Carr!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    In thought that's the reason we kept Carr!
    Well thats the reason we are going to sign to QB's. No Eli really knows his job is in danger!

Eli Manning

Veteran
    Torain is the only person we worked out so far that gave me a little bit of excitement.

He showed some serious promise for a short while there. Not sure whatever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Torain is the only person we worked out so far that gave me a little bit of excitement.

He showed some serious promise for a short while there. Not sure whatever happened.
    The Redskins are dumb..

Eli Manning

Veteran
    Had to wiki to refresh my memory. I have to admit, I'm a little bit more confused then I was before. This has to mean the kid is a FA for off field / attitude problems, right? I can't see any other logical reason that no one wants him

On September 4, 2010, Torain was released by the Redskins, [4] but was re-signed to the practice squad on September 24, 2010, and was elevated to the 53-man team roster as Brandon Banks was released. In his first game back he had 7 carries for 46 yards with a 6.6 yard average. Ryan was designated to replace Clinton Portis as the principal running back. Portis suffered a groin pull during the Redskins' Week 4 victory at Philadelphia.[5] After a 70-yard, 1-touchdown performance against the Eagles, Torain served as the Redskins' primary running back for the next five weeks. He had a 100-yard game and two touchdowns against the Indianapolis Colts, then a career-high 125 yards against the Chicago Bears. Torain suffered a hamstring injury the next week in a game against the Detroit Lions. He returned after his injury and rushed for 172 yards in a loss to the Tampa Bay Buccanneers. He was waived on December 27, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Had to wiki to refresh my memory. I have to admit, I'm a little bit more confused then I was before. This has to mean the kid is a FA for off field / attitude problems, right? I can't see any other logical reason that no one wants him
    That or the Redskins are just dumb, I wouldn't mind having Ryan on our team.. he's younger (26) and can probably carry the load if need be..

Eli Manning

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    That or the Redskins are just dumb, I wouldn't mind having Ryan on our team.. he's younger (26) and can probably carry the load if need be..
    The Redskins may be dumb, but the point is even if they are and they released him there has to be a reason that the other 31 teams in the league didn't want him either.

+ Reply to Thread