+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brandon Jacobs: Tweet not about 49ers or Jim Harbaugh

LINK

Brandon Jacobs is the latest to get caught by the Twitter monster. Kind of.

The San Francisco 49ers running back recently tweeted: "Never work in a place where you hate your boss so much, you should be happy at work #YouLiveAndYouLearn"

Of course, everyone thought Jacobs was talking about the 49ers or his coach, Jim Harbaugh. That thinking wouldn't be a stretch considering Jacobs has yet to be worked into the offense despite having recovered from a preseason ankle injury. Jacobs said he was referring to a situation his brother had to face.

Read More...

===
    I still bet he's PISSED at himself for not taking Reese's offer. With Bradshaw's feet shot to hell he would practically be STARTING. Instead he's buried underneath a crapton of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

All-Pro
    Bet he wishes he didn't take the extra half mill
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Why? Playing football is his job and he took the pay rise. Nothing wrong with that.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Why? Playing football is his job and he took the pay rise. Nothing wrong with that.
    oh i am not saying there is anything wrong with it. totally agree with you. I know the old saying is "hindsight is 20/20" but i think if BJ had to do it over again knowing what he knows now (sitting all season and not getting 1 offensive snap since he has been declared ok to play returning from preseason ankle injury) i sure he would like to still be on the giants for a push to one more SB title. Especially now that he sees ABs 2012 future is un certain and he would prob be our starter right now

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    ....and if he was actually playing......

oh i am not saying there is anything wrong with it. totally agree with you. I know the old saying is "hindsight is 20/20" but i think if BJ had to do it over again knowing what he knows now (sitting all season and not getting 1 offensive snap since he has been declared ok to play returning from preseason ankle injury) i sure he would like to still be on the giants for a push to one more SB title. Especially now that he sees ABs 2012 future is un certain and he would prob be our starter right now
    I think his ego made the decision. He felt insulted by the Giants' offer so assumed they didn't really want him.

Banned
    I bet JR wishes he didn’t cave in to Osi’s extortion and not just given him millions of dollars. He could have used that money to pay MM and BJ what SF is paying them and still had some left over. We are really missing MMs ability to stretch defenses.

If I had a delorean, I would have taken JR today back to the offseason. Then he ends up cutting Osi (yes its a cap hit, but it frees up his roster spot) and keeps BJ and MM. Da'rel scott ends up walking as the odd man out as our backfield depth is Bradshaw, Jacobs, Brown, Wilson. We keep 7 WRs...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

All-Pro
    Sounds like a plan that would have worked out to our advantage in the long run

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Hindsight... yeah

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.