+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New equipment

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    They do have some great kids movies out now a days but its mostly cartoons..

How to Train Your Dragon, etc...
    I heard Madagascar was good.

Well, actually its funny because my old man (whos retired) will watch whatever is on t.v when he cant golf or ski for some reason. And I guess this movie was on one day and he felt compelled to tell me it was one of the better kids movies hes seen since I was a little gremlin myself.

but then again that movie is animated and doesnt compare to the likes of Little Giants or Sandlot.... but it can compare to movies like The Rescuers Down Under..or the original Land Before Time....or something of the like haha wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    thanks for the info
    No problem.

Whatever you do, make sure you go to school for engineering (im assuming you are under 18 which is a complete shot in the dark)

That way you will never fall for any random infomercial BS...or some misconstrued info a window salesman may tell you, or perhaps how full of glitter and bubbles all the car commercials are these days.

Any business man can take a statistic or # from some engineer and make it sound good. But does it actually mean anything? 90% of the time...no
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 11-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I heard Madagascar was good.

Well, actually its funny because my old man (whos retired) will watch whatever is on t.v when he cant golf or ski for some reason. And I guess this movie was on one day and he felt compelled to tell me it was one of the better kids movies hes seen since I was a little gremlin myself.

but then again that movie is animated and doesnt compare to the likes of Little Giants or Sandlot.... but it can compare to movies like The Rescuers Down Under..or the original Land Before Time....or something of the like haha wtf
    Yeah one of the 14 land before times.. lol

there are companies that have made externally cushioned helmets....but the NFL won't buy in

I overheard a discussion on this topic at a charity event last season...and one of the league reps actually said

"that would steal away the sounds of the game."

I **** you not......the sounds of the game he said

this tells me that these guys are more concerned with what the Sabol family captures than the long term heath of their players

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    there are companies that have made externally cushioned helmets....but the NFL won't buy in

I overheard a discussion on this topic at a charity event last season...and one of the league reps actually said

"that would steal away the sounds of the game."

I **** you not......the sounds of the game he said

this tells me that these guys are more concerned with what the Sabol family captures than the long term heath of their players
    Money runs the world.

We have technology we can use...or further...in almost every aspect of business/entertainment/transportation/ or anything really. But the big guns are calling the shots. Less money...no go

Take for instance Hybrid Cars... A complete hoax to the general public. In America, the vast majority of our electricity production is from fossil fuels. If the sudden boom of Hybrid Cars was going to impact the fossil fuel trade/market do you think "they" would have allowed it to happen? No, they wouldn't have.

Considering the needs of the Batteries in Hybrid Cars (they cannot simply be fully charged and maintained by an alternator)... they are pluggs into the wall and charged. Well, lets think. Where does this "electricity" come from? Is it free? No...we pay the electric company. Well then the question is, where does the electric company get it from? Yup you guesses, burning fossil fuels such as COAL. Awful for the environment.

So, if we factor in the losses of energy that happened when converting from
    1. Burning Coal
    2. Using that heat to boil water
    3. This steam rotates a turbine
    4. Which rotates a electromagnet which created electricity
    5. Which is then fed through miles and miles of electric line
    6. finally into your car battery
    7. And then the losses associated with battery efficiency

One must ask them self: Wouldn't it have just been easier and more efficient to put the dang gas in the engine in this first place? The answer is.....YES
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 11-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.

I wish they would go back to leather helmets.
    Form tackling would automatically make a comeback.
    Rugby doesn't have a problem with helmet to helmet hits.
    Last edited by fourth&forever; 11-15-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Money runs the world.

We have technology we can use...or further...in almost every aspect of business/entertainment/transportation/ or anything really. But the big guns are calling the shots. Less money...no go
    very similar to pharmaceutical companies wanting to keep people sick to keep their pockets deep

but thats a discussion for another forum on another day

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    very similar to pharmaceutical companies wanting to keep people sick to keep their pockets deep

but thats a discussion for another forum on another day

Yes, another day perhaps.

At least there is someone else on this board who knows a thing or two

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    I wish they would go back to leather helmets.
    Form tackling would automatically make a comeback.
    Rugby doesn't have a problem with helmet to helmet hits.
    Yeah I kind of agree.

A "head to head" hit would work out for neither party involved. Its like playing chicken. It would solve all these concussion problems for sure

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I wonder about NFL equipment.....we've got materials out there that can literrally stop a bullet, and yet we can't develop equipment that can protect against blowing out knees and concussions, etc.

Maybe the best solution is a radically redesigned, mandatory equipment.

this would really suck! :

+ Reply to Thread