+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL Network says: Giants-Eagles #1 Rivalry

NFL Network did their Top 10 countdown of the greatest rivalries in NFL history last night. And Giants-Eagles was ranked #1. Wow, even I was a little surprised. We were ranked higher than Bears-Packers, Steelers-Ravens, Cowboys-Steelers, and many more great rivalries.

Don't get me wrong. Our rivalry with the Eagles deserves to be ranked high. But the greatest rivalry in NFL history? Apparently so.

Veteran
    more reasons to beat them!

Are you sure it wasn't the most one sided rivalry in the NFL?
    ​​​

I think alot of those rivalries, minus the Bears-Packers have died out in the modern era. The Steelers-Cowboys, in the past, was a great one but because of less meetings doesn't hold the attention that it once did. Baltimore and the Steelers have also kind of fallen by the wayside and is probably more regional than national anymore. The Giants and Eagles usually come down to who runs the NFC East and are nail biters.

Banned
    The Giants and Eagles been going at it since the 1st Miracle at the Meadowlands. Even when they're bad they give us problems. Randall Cunningham was a huge problem for the Giants. I missed a few seasons when I was in high school and I was surprised when I started watching again in '97 that he was a Viking (of course they ended our season though... our defensive players started fighting each other on the sideline smh).

Anyway, the Eagles was, is and will always be a thorn in our behinds. I hate playing that team. I can't wait til we draft a scrambling QB so we can return the favor and start running all over them.

All-Pro
    To bad the Eagles own that rivalry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    To bad the Eagles own that rivalry.
    Nah we still got a lead but Eli and Coughlin might let em catch up. That's one thing I loved about the Fassel era, we got the better of them until they drafted Westbrook.

To have a great rivalry both teams have to be good. The Eagles may have our number as of late, but both teams are always in the thick of things as to post season appearances.

Giants fan since the early 80s

All-Pro
    As of recent they own it.

Banned
    I think that hit they put on Eli in his 1st game scarred his mental because imo he plays a little scared against the Eagles. Fumbling the ball without being touched and what not. It's similar to how Tom Brady plays against us... they're in his head.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 11-18-2012 at 04:38 AM.