+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Offensive Red Zone Issues

    The Giants have struggled in the red zone on Offense, we have had to settle for FG's. One bright spot Andre Brown has been good in the red zone on the goal line, Eli hasn't been able to get many TD's down in the red zone, last year as I remember the Giants didn't have that problem, Eli Manning would throw a fade route pass to Hakeem Nicks in the red zone like he did vs Cowboys Week 17 of last year. What do you think the Giants should do to solve their red zone issues? Also do you think the health of Hakeem Nicks is effecting the Giants red zone issues?
    Last edited by Antwuan; 11-18-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

  2. #2
    I think the "red zone" especially but the offense as a whole between the 20's isn't the same, receivers not getting open is especially troublesome and yeh, Nick's is more injured than maybe let on. The red zone looping pass into the corner is old, every fan and every opposing coach and player know it's coming and I think Eli looks to Cruz about 98 out od 100 passing plays and he is not getting open as much and his YAC are dropping off as well. Uh oh I said a negative about Cruz look out Reddog. Last week i was called crazy for saying Prince is too short, a good athlete etc but too short as I was chided for saying it because he is playing better than anyone else at corner, not much to compare this year as Webster is shutting anyone down and truthfully there have been plays where the backfield on D has looked toally confused and out of position Uh oh there I go again trying to get more verbal response flagellations laid upon me

  3. #3
    I believe the issues in our red zone offense steam from the lack of a running game. If you look at the teams who are great in the red zone, they can all run the ball. Defenses are not honoring our running game and are rushing just 4 and dropping back 7 into coverage with two safetie's over the top. Other then helping our running game, this was the reason we picked up Bennett this off-season, having a tightend with his size and speed should have made our red zone issues a strength.
    Last edited by primetime; 11-17-2012 at 03:20 PM.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,361
    We need to be more creative in the red zone and we need to execute better.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    know what the Jets, Eagles, and Giants have in common? they are among the worst teams in the rezone
    Last edited by Cloud57; 11-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.

  6. #6
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,219
    Our offensive struggles expecially inside the 10 are mostly due to an OL that is incapable of moving people.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #7
    The problem is were are the other talented players at. Were are the Bardens, Reubens, Hixons and Wilsons? They are part of the offene and they need to put things together so that Eli has a lot of options.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Our offensive struggles expecially inside the 10 are mostly due to an OL that is incapable of moving people.
    A common sense explanation. TY.

  9. #9
    Veteran JB456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I think the "red zone" especially but the offense as a whole between the 20's isn't the same, receivers not getting open is especially troublesome and yeh, Nick's is more injured than maybe let on. The red zone looping pass into the corner is old, every fan and every opposing coach and player know it's coming and I think Eli looks to Cruz about 98 out od 100 passing plays and he is not getting open as much and his YAC are dropping off as well. Uh oh I said a negative about Cruz look out Reddog. Last week i was called crazy for saying Prince is too short, a good athlete etc but too short as I was chided for saying it because he is playing better than anyone else at corner, not much to compare this year as Webster is shutting anyone down and truthfully there have been plays where the backfield on D has looked toally confused and out of position Uh oh there I go again trying to get more verbal response flagellations laid upon me
    I agree with this. I think we are way past Red Zone difficulties. No one seems to be getting open at all! Don't get me wrong, I am a Manning fan but you can't deny that he has been bad. If receivers continue to struggle to get open, it may been time to play Randle more.

    Also, what is up with Cruz and some of these drops? On top of that, it seems that Manning is getting pressured a lot even though he isn't taking that many sacks. So in summary, Manning isn't getting as much time to get rid of the ball and when he gets it off his receivers seem to be better covered and have a bigger case of the dropsies. Manning also seems to be slightly off too wen he is given time to throw preventing yards after catch. In addition, the running game has been pretty bad too with Bradshaw's flat tires and bad blocking up front. This team has many problems.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I agree with this. I think we are way past Red Zone difficulties. No one seems to be getting open at all! Don't get me wrong, I am a Manning fan but you can't deny that he has been bad. If receivers continue to struggle to get open, it may been time to play Randle more.

    Also, what is up with Cruz and some of these drops? On top of that, it seems that Manning is getting pressured a lot even though he isn't taking that many sacks. So in summary, Manning isn't getting as much time to get rid of the ball and when he gets it off his receivers seem to be better covered and have a bigger case of the dropsies. Manning also seems to be slightly off too wen he is given time to throw preventing yards after catch. In addition, the running game has been pretty bad too with Bradshaw's flat tires and bad blocking up front. This team has many problems.
    cruz drop passes but bennett drops more passes in the redzone than anyone on this team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts