+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants dline one of worst in league right now

Hey....excreto is back!!!

The quick strike used to be the way around the "vaunted" pass rush of ours but its simply not even necessary anymore... theres no qb pressure and if they do happen do get pressure I think the word is out that will will habitually over-pursue.

Sure they'll make a play now and then, but theres not the consistent pressure and our opponents qbs are quite comfortable.

Linval was our saving grace but he's dropped off too.

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    Eli,Jpp,Nicks are fine.The rest are all not safe cause there is too much overrated players with big contracts not producing.We can easily shake up 15 - 20 players after the year.
    cruz is overrated?

Its hard when you have no help with no blitzes and the defense rushes 4 all of the time. Those 4 men need help.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    ROLF !

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
    We sure do. At the start of the game last week, CW was more than 10 yards off the line of scrimmage and the bengals just threw a couple of quick underneath passes that went for easy first downs. It was down hill from there.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'm with Nunn on this one, I think our subpar run defense has not allowed classic pass rush situations.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    There needs to be a change and I would completely fine tune things.I would not play Tuck or Osi cause they aren't getting the job done.Lets play Ojomo,Broha and see what they bring.The reason why the team struggles is because the core is not motivated every year and I am sick and tired of this.At the end of the year major changes to the core needs to be made and youth needs to be brought up from within,developed,signed,and drafted.

Maybe the problem is the defensive coach...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
    Thats nonsense. Good players wreak havoc on the d-line. They get sacks. They get pressure. Lets not put the atrocious playing of our D-Line on the shoulders of our secondary. Thats unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread