+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

What happened since the Patriots game?

I mean other that the fact that was the last game of the 1st half if the season. What is different about this team today than that day when they played good defense? Even the next week against the 49ers they could have won if Boley didn't leave the game with an injury.

Was Osi do good in those games? Was Tuck a little healthy? Was Coe that good?

Seriously I just any understand this team. No, they where never great this year, but thh where not this bad a month and a half ago. Is it just simply the 2nd half thing?

Re: What happened since the Patriots game?

What happened was..Since the media hypes the Patriots up like theyre a great team even though they haven't done anything in recent memory the Giants took that game as the SB. Won it barely and decided to mail in the rest of the season satified with defeating the almight Patriots.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

Somewhere along the line, Fewell lost confidence that his defense can hang in games against great offenses.

On the offensive side, they were doing pretty well, but Killdrive saves his worst gameplans for division rivals at home. Sort of a holiday tradition, now.

That was the best I have seen this defense in a few years. Sad...

They had a great game plan, and the players executed to perfection.

Since that game the Patriots are 5-0, as for our Giants, 1-5

edit: Thanks JMGGIANTS for reminding me we had another loss lol

Giants fan since the early 80s

actually we are 1-5 since then. Utterly horrible.

Fewell did a lot of gap pressure, Spags-JJ blitzes. Lots of them. I missed most of the first 3 quarters at work, but from what I saw in the highlights, the defense was at its best when they were mixing in blitzes, getting in brady's face, and making good tackles.

BUT, once the 4th quarter rolled in, fewell starts bringing 4 and going to prevent defense, and gave up the final touchdown by letting brady sit in the pocket for an hour.

Of course, the offense goes and does nothing for 3 quarters while the defense does everything, and then they just switch roles in the 4th, just like that damn super bowl

The Giants beat up the Pats to get on the slide first!

W

E

E

E

E.

"KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

[quote user="FIFTY6G-MAN"]

The Giants beat up the Pats to get on the slide first!

W

E

E

E

E.

[/quote]

pretty much! Can be said about our season in regards to the slide too

[quote user="buddy33"]I mean other that the fact that was the last game of the 1st half if the season. What is different about this team today than that day when they played good defense? Even the next week against the 49ers they could have won if Boley didn't leave the game with an injury. Was Osi do good in those games? Was Tuck a little healthy? Was Coe that good? Seriously I just any understand this team. No, they where never great this year, but thh where not this bad a month and a half ago. Is it just simply the 2nd half thing?[/quote]They got confused by thinking they were in the SB already.

[quote user="buddy33"]I mean other that the fact that was the last game of the 1st half if the season. What is different about this team today than that day when they played good defense? Even the next week against the 49ers they could have won if Boley didn't leave the game with an injury.

Was Osi do good in those games? Was Tuck a little healthy? Was Coe that good?

Seriously I just any understand this team. No, they where never great this year, but thh where not this bad a month and a half ago. Is it just simply the 2nd half thing?[/quote]

The Pats got themselves together and went on to dominate the AFC east winning their next 5 games.

Or did you mean the Giants?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)