+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,547

    Trade Osi for a CB

    This is the only logical thing I can think of for this team.

    Osi was completely invisible on Wednesday night, and honestly we would be better off with a full-time CB than a part-time DE.

    He has one year left, so he is the easiest piece to trade.

    What top CBs around the NFL have one year left on their deals?

  2. #2
    All-Pro Eli TO Shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,821
    this is rediculous and will never happen. The End.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    this is rediculous and will never happen. The End.
    You think THIS is ridiculous. Osi has been a malcontent for almost two years. Osi shows up when he wants to and doesn't even play full-time. Giants wanted to trade him for a 2nd/1st round pick 18 months ago.

  4. #4
    Never happen because they just gave him money? Or why? It does seem unlikely given NYG's track record of trades, but it's definitely an interesting thought.

  5. #5
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    7,428
    LOL, I brought this up, half joking, in another thread. If he is as useless to the Giants as you say, why would anyone give up a top CB for him?

    I can see your train of thought, DE is by far the deepest position for the Giants, so trading Osi would be the easiest to replace, especially given the fact that he is likely gone after this year. However, I find this move extremely unlikely, but if they found someone willing to trade a decent CB I would be for it. Personally, I think O-line is the bigger issue however.

  6. #6
    All-Pro Eli TO Shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    You think THIS is ridiculous. Osi has been a malcontent for almost two years. Osi shows up when he wants to and doesn't even play full-time. Giants wanted to trade him for a 2nd/1st round pick 18 months ago.
    Osi will be a focal part of this defense for the entire season. 1 game will not put him on the trade block. Besides, the nascar package will not be as affective without OSI.

    All hail the OSI!

  7. #7
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,204
    You've got to be kidding me.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    LOL, I brought this up, half joking, in another thread. If he is as useless to the Giants as you say, why would anyone give up a top CB for him?

    I can see your train of thought, DE is by far the deepest position for the Giants, so trading Osi would be the easiest to replace, especially given the fact that he is likely gone after this year. However, I find this move extremely unlikely, but if they found someone willing to trade a decent CB I would be for it. Personally, I think O-line is the bigger issue however.
    I'm not saying he is useless, and he does make huge impact plays for the Giants. But other teams might find him way more useful for them than the Giants. This is why a team who is need of a pass rushing DE could possibly trade a CB.

    Brent Grimes & Jason McCourty are possible free agents I believe.

    Edit: Jason McCourty signed a contract extension at end of August. Nvm.

  9. #9
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Manning View Post
    This is the only logical thing I can think of for this team.

    Osi was completely invisible on Wednesday night, and honestly we would be better off with a full-time CB than a part-time DE.

    He has one year left, so he is the easiest piece to trade.

    What top CBs around the NFL have one year left on their deals?
    One year left makes him more difficult to trade. More than likely he'd have to work out a new deal with the team trading for him before they'd make the trade.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    One year left makes him more difficult to trade. More than likely he'd have to work out a new deal with the team trading for him before they'd make the trade.
    Brent Grimes doesn't seem thrilled with the Falcons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts