+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giant Football: LT

Giant Football: LT

There's a moment of orderly silence before a football play begins. Players are in position, linemen are frozen, and anything is possible. Then, like a traffic accident, stuff begins to randomly collide. From the snap of the ball to the snap of the first bones, closer to 4 seconds than 5.

One-mississippi - Joe Theismann, the Redskins quarterback takes the snap and hands-off to his running mate. Two-mississippi - it's a trick play, a flea-flicker. And the running back tosses it back to the quarterback. Three-mississippi - up 'til now the play's been defined by what the quarterback sees; it's about to be defined by what he doesn't. Four-mississippi - Lawrence Taylor is the best defensive player in the NFL. And has been from the time he walked onto the fielded as a rookie. He will also change the game of football as we know it... Legendary quarterback Joe Theismann never played another down of football.

Now, y'all would guess that more often than not, the highest paid player on an NFL team is the quarterback. And you'd be right. But what you probably don't know is that more often than not, the second highest paid player is, thanks to Lawrence Taylor, a left tackle. Because, as every housewife knows, the first check you write is for the mortgage, but the second is for the insurance. The left tackle's job is to protect the quarterback from what he can't see coming. To protect his blind side

Best part of that movie hands down.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Great post F, but everyone one needed help stopping Lawrence.

One thing I forgot about was how strong his hands were.

He was an incredible football player. The greatest Giant player of all time.

very cool.......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Nicely done F-Bomb!

Too bad Taylor would have drawn about 9,000 flags a season...

Getting nostalgic Rosie ? I don't blame you !

A men among boys .

Banned
    The Michael Jordan of linebackers. He paved the way for players like Armstead, Strahan and young Tuck but it seems the further and further we get away from this era, young Giant fans are forgetting what Giants football is all about. 41-0 over the Vikings is Giants football, what we did to Atlanta last year is Giants football, what we did to the Pats in SB 42 is Giants football. We love defense more than offense in NY... it is what it is.

That's the real LT! Thanks for posting the video. I would love to see this team do throwbacks with those uniforms. I always liked "GIANTS" written on the helmets better than the "NY".

+ Reply to Thread