+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants dline one of worst in league right now

There needs to be a change and I would completely fine tune things.I would not play Tuck or Osi cause they aren't getting the job done.Lets play Ojomo,Broha and see what they bring.The reason why the team struggles is because the core is not motivated every year and I am sick and tired of this.At the end of the year major changes to the core needs to be made and youth needs to be brought up from within,developed,signed,and drafted.

Eli,Jpp,Nicks are fine.The rest are all not safe cause there is too much overrated players with big contracts not producing.We can easily shake up 15 - 20 players after the year.

So we will field a two man offense and a one man defense?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by experto View Post
    There needs to be a change and I would completely fine tune things.I would not play Tuck or Osi cause they aren't getting the job done.Lets play Ojomo,Broha and see what they bring.The reason why the team struggles is because the core is not motivated every year and I am sick and tired of this.At the end of the year major changes to the core needs to be made and youth needs to be brought up from within,developed,signed,and drafted.
    I wonder how much of the low sacks are due to the Giants, and how much is a direct reflection of teams going with quick patterns.

We need to consider that players with 2 rings (e.g., Tuck, Osi) may not turn it on until the team's back is to the wall. I'd prefer if this were not the case, because that is playing with fire.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I wonder how much of the low sacks are due to the Giants, and how much is a direct reflection of teams going with quick patterns.

We need to consider that players with 2 rings (e.g., Tuck, Osi) may not turn it on until the team's back is to the wall. I'd prefer if this were not the case, because that is playing with fire.
    We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We also need to consider the secondary in the DLine equation. If coverage is soft, it allows for quick QB releases.
    I like how you used the word 'IF". Such a politician.

This Dline getting worse is no mystery. Tuck and Osi is not consistent anymore. Its sad when I think of the Giants front 7, I think of JPP , Joseph and even Kiwi before I think of Tuck and Osi. Osi has been inconsistent for years, he shows flashes of greatness when he plays backup tackles and then disappears. Tuck is a good player when he is not feeling sorry for himself.

Osi and Tuck did very well throughout their careers....they did help us generate a pass rush opposite of Strahan for the 1st time in Giant history and helped us overcome the loss of Strahan. They are at the point of there careers where you start to slow down. Its time for the younger guys like JPP, Joseph, Marvin Austin to take over.

this is nothing new. As fans we already know this....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Bingo! If the Secondary and the LBs can't buy the linetime to get there by covering up a reciever for 3-5 seconds then no matter how good our line is they aren't going to be able to get to the QB.

All-Pro
    The LB's should be considered in this equation as well... both for run stopping and covering the short underneath throws.

The question is... is it the players or is it the "bend don't break" style of defense that is the problem? Or, is it a bit of both?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...