+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Y.A. Tittle

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Y.A. Tittle

    The greatest Giants QB of all time!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvmUiWOM_o
    Giants fan since '58

  2. #2
    funny how every one *****es that these new rules are ruining the game, fines for what was a legal hit a few years ago when I see none of that stuff in a clip from just 50yrs ago.

    No one used their head as a missle, but more importantly, ALMOST NO MISSED TACKLES. I think this mentality of hit em with your head as hard as possible and try to be as violent as possible is what damaged the game.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    funny how every one *****es that these new rules are ruining the game, fines for what was a legal hit a few years ago when I see none of that stuff in a clip from just 50yrs ago.

    No one used their head as a missle, but more importantly, ALMOST NO MISSED TACKLES. I think this mentality of hit em with your head as hard as possible and try to be as violent as possible is what damaged the game.
    Its all relative! Guys went for the sure tackle in those days! Today they are head hunters trying to put you out of the game or end your career! Players are bigger, faster and stronger today!

    BTW -- Did I mention that Eli is better then Simms?
    Giants fan since '58

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    The greatest Giants QB of all time!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvmUiWOM_o

    he looks like Eli, picks and all!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    I don't think so. In fact it's hard for me to compare any of those 1950 and 60 QB's with the late 70's and 80's players and beyond. The game has changed dramatically, it might've been more of a brutal sport back then but there was a bunch of stiffs out there playing football. That's not a racial comment either, it's just saying that conditioning and preparations have changed. Foods we eat has changed, the length of the season, everything from the equipment on down. BTW, I didn't watch your vid so I don't know if you were joking or not.

  6. #6

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I don't think so. In fact it's hard for me to compare any of those 1950 and 60 QB's with the late 70's and 80's players and beyond. The game has changed dramatically, it might've been more of a brutal sport back then but there was a bunch of stiffs out there playing football. That's not a racial comment either, it's just saying that conditioning and preparations have changed. Foods we eat has changed, the length of the season, everything from the equipment on down. BTW, I didn't watch your vid so I don't know if you were joking or not.
    Watch it!
    Giants fan since '58

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    I dont think football is dietary issue........Butkus was and still would be the best MLBer........Jim Brown the best RB........and on and on
    You probably never saw those "stiffs" play

    Could the present day Heat beat the 68 Knicks??? NO way......not even close

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,023
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I dont think football is dietary issue........Butkus was and still would be the best MLBer........Jim Brown the best RB........and on and on
    You probably never saw those "stiffs" play

    Could the present day Heat beat the 68 Knicks??? NO way......not even close
    I understand that you're an old fella and those teams and players hold a special place in your heart but I'm willing to bet if you timed the defensive lines of today against the 50's and 60's defensive lines, you'll see a huge difference. YA wouldn't have time to complete a pass to those slowpoke receivers.

    Tell me something, what was the highest point total the '68 Knicks ever scored? Basketball changed too... what year was it when they incorporated the 3 point line?

  9. #9
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,564
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I dont think football is dietary issue........Butkus was and still would be the best MLBer........Jim Brown the best RB........and on and on
    You probably never saw those "stiffs" play

    Could the present day Heat beat the 68 Knicks??? NO way......not even close
    I think the only way to compare different players from different eras is to compare each player to their respective level of competition.

    For example, Babe Ruth had more home runs by himself than entire teams. If a player with his talent was put into the big leagues today, and had the benefit of modern equipment and training, he'd still be awesome.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I dont think football is dietary issue........Butkus was and still would be the best MLBer........Jim Brown the best RB........and on and on
    You probably never saw those "stiffs" play

    Could the present day Heat beat the 68 Knicks??? NO way......not even close
    Couldn't agree with you more!
    Giants fan since '58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts