+ Reply to Thread

The Giants have a Bad Attitude

This all started at the begining of the season when Justin Tuck started taking weeks off. He's the captain. He sets the example and now we're all shocked that the Defense looks like a bunch of Justin Tucks running around.

Our players just like Tuck decide what games to show up for.

Decide which downs to show up for.

Decide when to show any emotion.

The defense has taken on the personality of its captain. Halfassed.

I looked at the schedule this year and I knew we were gonna lose one game that we were supposed to win. My guess was the 9ers game not predicting that they would be far and away better than us this year.

What we've done this year is we've actually lost 4 games against teams we should have easily defeated and that stinks of not giving a damn.

You figure after we got whooped by Seattle at home we would get it together but it never happened.

Right now this is a cautionary tale about what happens when you let lazy overrated player be a captain and fail to deactivate him when he starts complaining about every little ache his body feels.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: The Giants have a Bad Attitude

[quote user="burier"]This all started at the begining of the season when Justin Tuck started taking weeks off. He's the captain. He sets the example and now we're all shocked that the Defense looks like a bunch of Justin Tucks running around.

I looked at the schedule this year and I knew we were gonna lose one game that we were supposed to win. My guess was the 9ers game not predicting that they would be far and away better than us this year.

What we've done this year is we've actually lost 4 games against teams we should have easily defeated and that stinks of not giving a damn.

You figure after we got whooped by Seattle at home we would get it together but it never happened.

Right now this is a cautionary tale about what happens when you let lazy overrated player be a captain and fail to deactivate him when he starts complaining about every little ache his body feels.[/quote]

its amazing how i can agree with u about so much and then think your bat **** crazy about your stance on Tuck
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="burier"]This all started at the begining of the season when Justin Tuck started taking weeks off. He's the captain. He sets the example and now we're all shocked that the Defense looks like a bunch of Justin Tucks running around.

Right now this is a cautionary tale about what happens when you let lazy overrated player be a captain and fail to deactivate him when he starts complaining about every little ache his body feels.[/quote]
    Tell us how you REALLY feel
    Close or you hit the bricks

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]This all started at the begining of the season when Justin Tuck started taking weeks off. He's the captain. He sets the example and now we're all shocked that the Defense looks like a bunch of Justin Tucks running around.

its amazing how i can agree with u about so much and then think your bat **** crazy about your stance on Tuck
    [/quote]

I'm actually of the opion now that its not Tuck's fault. I think when the Doctors cleared him to play and he said he didnt want to he should have been IRed.

So I put that on TC or JR or whever is in charge of that. (Can't expect Tuck to IR himself)

Alot of people seem to think that Tuck is having one of "those" years. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was just a bad year..But his attitude has become highly contageous.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

[quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]This all started at the begining of the season when Justin Tuck started taking weeks off. He's the captain. He sets the example and now we're all shocked that the Defense looks like a bunch of Justin Tucks running around. Our players just like Tuck decide what games to show up for. Decide which downs to show up for. Decide when to show any emotion. The defense has taken on the personality of its captain. Halfassed. I looked at the schedule this year and I knew we were gonna lose one game that we were supposed to win. My guess was the 9ers game not predicting that they would be far and away better than us this year. What we've done this year is we've actually lost 4 games against teams we should have easily defeated and that stinks of not giving a damn. You figure after we got whooped by Seattle at home we would get it together but it never happened. Right now this is a cautionary tale about what happens when you let lazy overrated player be a captain and fail to deactivate him when he starts complaining about every little ache his body feels.[/quote]

[/quote] I'm actually of the opion now that its not Tuck's fault. I think when the Doctors cleared him to play and he said he didnt want to he should have been IRed. So I put that on TC or JR or whever is in charge of that. (Can't expect Tuck to IR himself) Alot of people seem to think that Tuck is having one of "those" years. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was just a bad year..But his attitude has become highly contageous.[/quote]

When did that happen?

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]This all started at the begining of the season when Justin Tuck started taking weeks off. He's the captain. He sets the example and now we're all shocked that the Defense looks like a bunch of Justin Tucks running around. Our players just like Tuck decide what games to show up for. Decide which downs to show up for. Decide when to show any emotion. The defense has taken on the personality of its captain. Halfassed. I looked at the schedule this year and I knew we were gonna lose one game that we were supposed to win. My guess was the 9ers game not predicting that they would be far and away better than us this year. What we've done this year is we've actually lost 4 games against teams we should have easily defeated and that stinks of not giving a damn. You figure after we got whooped by Seattle at home we would get it together but it never happened. Right now this is a cautionary tale about what happens when you let lazy overrated player be a captain and fail to deactivate him when he starts complaining about every little ache his body feels.[/quote]

[/quote] I'm actually of the opion now that its not Tuck's fault. I think when the Doctors cleared him to play and he said he didnt want to he should have been IRed. So I put that on TC or JR or whever is in charge of that. (Can't expect Tuck to IR himself) Alot of people seem to think that Tuck is having one of "those" years. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was just a bad year..But his attitude has become highly contageous.[/quote]

When did that happen?

[/quote]

Early on in the season. I'm thinking around the Seattle game.

Tuck said that because of his neck players were grabbing his face mask so they actually fashioned a new facemask for him to play with. Very similar to Chris Canty's. He eneded up not playing that week by his own choice.

To be honest I'm not sure the doctors ever held him out. Medical staff will usually hold a player out because they have an identifiable injury that could worsen if pushed. Tuck's injuries have all been nondescript. I've been called a conspiracy theorist for saying that Tuck was cherry picking games to play in but an acceptable conspiracy theory around here is that the Giants have been withholding information on Tucks injury as gamesmanship.

If thats the case It seems the Giants have only outsmarted themselves as they are the ones who keep suiting him up to the detriment of him and the team if Tuck is indeed seriously injured.

My only hope is the Giants are playing coy with Tucks health so to not hurt his trade value. However film of him getting whooped and crawling on the ground probably don't help in that regard.

Players like Tuck, Webster, Snee, KP, and Kiwi deserve a pass for this year. This problem all started with the Plex incident, and has just been progressing each year.

[quote user="simms56"]Players like Tuck, Webster, Snee, KP, and Kiwi deserve a pass for this year. This problem all started with the Plex incident, and has just been progressing each year.
    [/quote]

No they don't, they collect a pretty nice game check. And no it didn't. How the heck does Plaxico have anything to do with any of this?