+ Reply to Thread

Terrell Thomas is a free agent next year?

What if he lost a step from his injury like Sehorn did? Who do we go for in the first round? We really need to upgrade our secondary. Kenny Phillips seems to not be the answer and is way too injury prone. Who would we go for?

I know this is somewhat draft talk, but after seeing how many yards we give up in the air, I'm worried even for the future. Our d-line can't win the battle on every snap. Why are we still using Grant? I know he's a vet, but he's no Sam Madison.

Re: Terrell Thomas is a free agent next year?

[quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"]* What if he lost a step from his injury like Sehorn did? Who do we go for in the first round? We really need to upgrade our secondary. Kenny Phillips seems to not be the answer and is way too injury prone. Who would we go for?

* I know this is somewhat draft talk, but after seeing how many yards we give up in the air, I'm worried even for the future. Our d-line can't win the battle on every snap. Why are we still using Grant? I know he's a vet, but he's no Sam Madison.
    [/quote]

Kenny missed 1 game in 2 seasons. He's fine. He may not be the Ed Reed type player we thought we were drafting but he's good.

T2 is rehabing his second catastrophic need injury. He is the definition of damanged goods. He's probably lost 2 or 3 steps by now. Time to move on. He wasn't exactly Revis to being with.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"]* What if he lost a step from his injury like Sehorn did? Who do we go for in the first round? We really need to upgrade our secondary. Kenny Phillips seems to not be the answer and is way too injury prone. Who would we go for?

* I know this is somewhat draft talk, but after seeing how many yards we give up in the air, I'm worried even for the future. Our d-line can't win the battle on every snap. Why are we still using Grant? I know he's a vet, but he's no Sam Madison.
    [/quote]

1) Who knows ... typically a torn ACL needs a year of rehab and then another year for it to fully gel (playable year but diminished).

2) KP is a Safety

3) Historically the Giants would probably offer him a cheap 1 year contract (similar to what they did with Kiwi and Smith).

4) Talk is that he is looking for money next year in which case he won't be back with the Giants.

5) We dratted a CB in the first round this year. We'll probably draft another in the top 3 rounds next year.

6) Sam Madison was a CB and Grant is a Safety.

7) Grant is cheap and played well for us last year.

8) The sky is not falling.

9) Worry about this year.

10) Next year we'll be having the same conversation about 2013.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

I think Thomas will be ok, an entire year off to rehab with medicine these days I think he'll recover. Boy did we miss him this year.

All i know is draft wise, if we draft a CB or a DE in the 1st opposed to a OL or LB, I'm gonna be really ticked off. Best player closest to a need is what makes most sense to me. Not simply best player available. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the JPP pick and don't have opinion on the Prince pick yet because he hasn't played much. But it'd be stupid to pick either of those again so fast.

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]All i know is draft wise, if we draft a CB or a DE in the 1st opposed to a OL or LB, I'm gonna be really ticked off. Best player closest to a need is what makes most sense to me. Not simply best player available. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the JPP pick and don't have opinion on the Prince pick yet because he hasn't played much. But it'd be stupid to pick either of those again so fast.[/quote]

Selecting BPA is fantastic.......

IF your then filling needs via free agency.

[/quote]
    Who do we take in the draft? Best player available is usually the best move.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="DIPSET_ALL_DAY"] What if he lost a step from his injury like Sehorn did? Who do we go for in the first round? We really need to upgrade our secondary. Kenny Phillips seems to not be the answer and is way too injury prone. Who would we go for?

I know this is somewhat draft talk, but after seeing how many yards we give up in the air, I'm worried even for the future. Our d-line can't win the battle on every snap. Why are we still using Grant? I know he's a vet, but he's no Sam Madison.
    [/quote]
    Who do we take in the draft? Best player available is usually the best move.[/quote]We have a few needs in the draft, BPA is def the best way to go. If you think about it we could use

OT
    DE
    CB
    S
    TE
    RB

Then again in terms of depth we could use more interior OLs and DT's but IMO thats not an overwhelmingly pressing need that we would have to use a round 1-3 pick on
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

If we don't fill our holes at LB/OL through Free Agency...then I see no sane reason why we wouldn't draft an LB/OL in the 1st/2nd

[quote user="scf424"]If we don't fill our holes at LB/OL through Free Agency...then I see no sane reason why we wouldn't draft an LB/OL in the 1st/2nd[/quote]It sucks Goff had such a serious injury, he's probably not gonna be the same next season either.... A FA signing at MIKE LB would make sense so we could ease Goff back into the swing of things. I havent given up on Goff or forgot how crucial he was to our D last season
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'