+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Talk About The Giants Being Lucky After This Atrocity Of Cowgirl/Browns

Game should have been over when Romo grounded the ball before the game tying FG that took the game to OT.

Yeah because that horse collar on Cribbs was a great call; I'm positive that Jerry paid the refs for that too!

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah because that horse collar on Cribbs was a great call; I'm positive that Jerry paid the refs for that too!
    That was the right call.

He grabbed the jersey from behind pulling the runners top half backwards, that is a horse collar tackle. Just because he let go and shifted his grip to the dreds after the runners weight had shifted doesnt absolve him of the penalty.

If not for the horsecollar grab he doesnt get hold of the hair. Its like saying you can hold a DE as long as you release and block clean after you get his body turned.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Game should have been over when Romo grounded the ball before the game tying FG that took the game to OT.
    I think for that to be the case it would have had to be intentional...

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I think for that to be the case it would have had to be intentional...
    It was . . . he threw it right into the ground when he was still in the pocket because no one was open. If the Cowboys had lost the game on that play, Cowboy nation would have exploded on Romo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Eh, wasn't funny the first time . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    It was . . . he threw it right into the ground when he was still in the pocket because no one was open. If the Cowboys had lost the game on that play, Cowboy nation would have exploded on Romo!!!
    You really think so? I respect your opinion because you're pretty objective, but to me it looks like Romo pumped and tried to bring the ball back in, but it slipped awkwardly out of his hand. I only say this because it just seemed to flutter awkwardly to the ground. On top of that he wasn't being pressured, which is also another requirement for their to be intentional grounding-- imminent pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Or when they blew the play dead, citing Dez forward progress being stopped. Unless the audio is off (which it could be), Dez was still moving forward when the refs blew the whistle... they call the play correctly, Dallas scores six.

+ Reply to Thread