+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Don't Talk About The Giants Being Lucky After This Atrocity Of Cowgirl/Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Notice you didn't say anything about the Miles play.
    I did on the previous page. Thought it was probably the right call if we're going by technical rules, but technical rules in the NFL are pretty dumb. We just happened to benefit.

I noticed you didn't say anything about the taunting penalty that Jay Ratliff got for a seemingly minor gesture.

Veteran
    I think it's pretty obvious some players let up when they heard the whistle.. and if not, he would have gained what.. 5 more yards? big deal..

how is this a penalty?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_DfwmQG_k

This literally kept your important drive alive, when that should have been just an incompletion..

and again.. the miles austin play is bs.. he bobbled it in the first step and then secured it.. then got hit.. it happens fast but it happens.. ****ing ed hochuli LAUGHS his *** off because of the BS explication he just had to give to try to sell to justify the ****ty call..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOoANySuxVY

lol he says it's not a reviewable play.. but was under the hood reviewing.. so what gives? maybe he saw that if in fact it was a reviewable play he would have had to reverse it..
    Last edited by rEaS; 11-19-2012 at 11:28 PM.

So one thing bothers me about the austin fumble. If your falling out of bounds. and you catch the ball and tap two toes... your in. But if you in the middle of the field catch the ball, take two steps go to switch how your carrying the ball, and then it gets knocked out you never had possession?

Like some catches are clear catches. The second they hit peoples hands they are a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post

REALLY corny. Like your team.

Quote Originally Posted by rEaS View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious some players let up when they heard the whistle.. and if not, he would have gained what.. 5 more yards? big deal..

how is this a penalty?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_DfwmQG_k

This literally kept your important drive alive, when that should have been just an incompletion..

and again.. the miles austin play is bs.. he bobbled it in the first step and then secured it.. then got hit.. it happens fast but it happens.. ****ing ed hochuli LAUGHS his *** off because of the BS explication he just had to give to try to sell to justify the ****ty call..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOoANySuxVY

lol he says it's not a reviewable play.. but was under the hood reviewing.. so what gives? maybe he saw that if in fact it was a reviewable play he would have had to reverse it..
    It's a penalty... I don't see how you can say it isn't. Did the guy blatantly spear him with the crown of his helmet and did it look malicious and intentional? No but he went for the big hit, helmets collided, his shoulder was up around the neck and head area (although O'tree's position changed) which fits perfectly for one of the NFL's requirements for the penalty...

"Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him"

Secondly, this was a play on 2nd and 6. Did it help the Cowboys? Yes. But did it 'keep the drive alive'? Hardly. We had 2 more downs to gain 6 yards.

I think Ed Hochuli laughed because it was an obviously non-reviewable call and he probably already saw that he blew the call. Did it help that they probably got it wrong? Again, the answer is yes. But it can't be reviewed because there is no way you can say for sure what would have happen had the whistle not blown. Reviewing is still not perfect and that's one of the loopholes.

I don't mind admitting that the bad calls helped us, but the insinuation that the calls were one-sided because the league favors the Cowboys is ridiculous considering Dallas is the 2nd most penalized team in the league, and also had 9 penalties for 92 yards that game.

Fact is, Cleveland just out Dallas'd Dallas. They screwed themselves more than the Cowboys typically screwed themselves.

World's slowest clock, again when the Cowboys had the ball with little time left, the clock would only start when Romo was already dropped back, over and over again. The play was definitely as fumble, moving the ball from one hand to another on purpose is not the same as the ball moving around trying to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckedafter5yards View Post
    World's slowest clock, again when the Cowboys had the ball with little time left, the clock would only start when Romo was already dropped back, over and over again. The play was definitely as fumble, moving the ball from one hand to another on purpose is not the same as the ball moving around trying to catch it.
    I know right? It's a conspiracy!

Who cares. they have Romo, Giants have Eli. You know how that story ends...
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Yeah probably. The Redskins are pretty solid. But then again, when we play better teams we play better. We may not win, but we play better.

If Dez had've fumbled while still going forward I would have complained about him not securing the ball. He was never stopped and was still moving forward when the whistle blew. Again the audio could have been off, but Dez is literally moving forward when they blow the whistle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LXk8vEpjc#t=0s

(Thanks to CowboysZone member, hairzic)
    Yep your playing stellar today lol.....

Boy those refs were certainly in the pocket of JJ today. Yep, them boys get all the breaks. Like the non PI call that gave the skins that last second 1st half TD.

+ Reply to Thread