+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't Talk About The Giants Being Lucky After This Atrocity Of Cowgirl/Browns

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    You really think so? I respect your opinion because you're pretty objective, but to me it looks like Romo pumped and tried to bring the ball back in, but it slipped awkwardly out of his hand. I only say this because it just seemed to flutter awkwardly to the ground. On top of that he wasn't being pressured, which is also another requirement for their to be intentional grounding-- imminent pressure.
    You might be right . . . . obviously that's what the officials thought. Maybe I just wanted that Browns win too bad!

This was an atrocious day for officiating at this game. The Browns got some very bad calls against them, the worst was the defensless reciever call, 2 guys hitting him legally and still a flag UGH!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by TextureDj View Post
    That was the right call.

He grabbed the jersey from behind pulling the runners top half backwards, that is a horse collar tackle. Just because he let go and shifted his grip to the dreds after the runners weight had shifted doesnt absolve him of the penalty.

If not for the horsecollar grab he doesnt get hold of the hair. Its like saying you can hold a DE as long as you release and block clean after you get his body turned.

I thought he had all hair the whole time and I didn't think it was a horse collar.

There were some curious calls but that one seemed like a gift to the Browns.

Dallas is playing with 12 Men (Ref's) not Luck, but Fact !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-21-2012 at 07:16 AM.

I think the call on the field was right if we're going by awful NFL rules, but in my book that's a catch and fumble.

Still, that was a very ugly game. Both teams played ugly and I don't think you can call either lucky.
    I'm talking about "lucky" in the sense that if that had been the Browns, they would have ruled it a catch and fumble and would have awarded possession to the Cowgirls!
    But hell yes that was an ugly game that the Browns totally should have had but instead did more to get the Cowgirls in winning FG range than the Cowgirls did themselves.
    But GOD how I wanted them to lose with the Philthy having spit the bit earlier would have given the Giants some much needed wiggle room in the division.

The Browns fight hard every game yet they rarely win. Must be frustrating being a fan.

Banned
    lol, it sounds like to me in here that alot of disgruntled giants fans are starting to get worried bout Dallas. jerry owns a ref or two in his pocket? lolololol.....pure desperation vibes on yalls part

Miles Austin catch-sorry but this was NOT a catch. if you watch the ball in his hands, he clearly does NOT have full posession of the ball. he juggles it in his hands as he brings it into his body and if you people cannot see that, then i suggest you get some glasses.

Or when they blew the play dead, citing Dez forward progress being stopped. Unless the audio is off (which it could be), Dez was still moving forward when the refs blew the whistle... they call the play correctly, Dallas scores six.

Yeah & if he would have fumbled the ball you would have cried that his forward progress was stopped! Can't have it both ways playa. And the Cowboy did grab the horse collar, then his hand slipped down & grabbed a handfull of dreds! Replay clearly showed that. Miles also fumbled as well. It's all good though, Browns blew a 13-0 & 13-3 4th qt lead & didn't deserve to win that game.

Will say that if the Boys play vs the Skins like they did vs the Browns, it will be a blowout win for the Skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Yeah & if he would have fumbled the ball you would have cried that his forward progress was stopped! Can't have it both ways playa. And the Cowboy did grab the horse collar, then his hand slipped down & grabbed a handfull of dreds! Replay clearly showed that. Miles also fumbled as well. It's all good though, Browns blew a 13-0 & 13-3 4th qt lead & didn't deserve to win that game.

Will say that if the Boys play vs the Skins like they did vs the Browns, it will be a blowout win for the Skins.
    Yeah probably. The Redskins are pretty solid. But then again, when we play better teams we play better. We may not win, but we play better.

If Dez had've fumbled while still going forward I would have complained about him not securing the ball. He was never stopped and was still moving forward when the whistle blew. Again the audio could have been off, but Dez is literally moving forward when they blow the whistle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LXk8vEpjc#t=0s

(Thanks to CowboysZone member, hairzic)
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 11-19-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Notice you didn't say anything about the Miles play.

+ Reply to Thread