+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rb by comittee

rb by comittee

We need to divvy out the carries. All three of our RBs are averaging over 4 yards a carry this season, (granted Wilson's only carried the ball 18 times). But they're all clearly productive. We need to divide the carries to keep bradshaw healthy and to see what we have in Brown and Wilson

Yes, I know this thread's probably been done a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    We need to divvy out the carries. All three of our RBs are averaging over 4 yards a carry this season, (granted Wilson's only carried the ball 18 times). But they're all clearly productive. We need to divide the carries to keep bradshaw healthy and to see what we have in Brown and Wilson

Yes, I know this thread's probably been done a bunch
    I don't think it's been overdone but let me take it in a different direction. I am not close enough to the stats to confirm your statement that they are all over 4 yards per carry. Let's assume that is correct. Why do we have such troubles moving the chains? Those numbers indicate that we should have a strong running game which should be setting up great play action opportunities. When it comes down to it, we can't move a decent DL off the line. I think we have a certain explosiveness among our backs but when it comes down to man-to-man, we have a bunch of cream puffs up front. It hurts me to say that. Am I nuts? I can take it if I am. lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

There is some merit to what you say, I was preaching that a while ago!

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I don't think it's been overdone but let me take it in a different direction. I am not close enough to the stats to confirm your statement that they are all over 4 yards per carry. Let's assume that is correct. Why do we have such troubles moving the chains? Those numbers indicate that we should have a strong running game which should be setting up great play action opportunities. When it comes down to it, we can't move a decent DL off the line. I think we have a certain explosiveness among our backs but when it comes down to man-to-man, we have a bunch of cream puffs up front. It hurts me to say that. Am I nuts? I can take it if I am. lol
    Brown isn't getting enough snaps
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1