+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ZONE

ZONE

I know we are all sick, of hearing about it >>> SCORING IN THE RED ZONE !
    It must be addressed, if we are going to Win games ,especially against GreenBay !
    GreenBay scores most of their TD's in the red zone by passing .....why don't we try the same..........instead of running in for a TD ..PASS for it. This is what Eli does best anyway!

It's not like we don't try to pass in the red zone. We can barely get TD's in it, whether it's running or passing. That's the main issue.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

i thought this was going to be about zone...defense

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    i thought this was going to be about zone...defense
    Sorry...........That needs addressing also !

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's not like we don't try to pass in the red zone. We can barely get TD's in it, whether it's running or passing. That's the main issue.
    I believe Eli has the cape-ability of scoring in the RZ .Needs to use plays that are designed just for this purpose....
    He has enough TALL guys who can do the job, Plus more.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    I believe Eli has the cape-ability of scoring in the RZ .Needs to use plays that are designed just for this purpose....He has enough TALL guys who can do the job, Plus more.
    What tall guys?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

What tall guys?
    Bennett.............6' 6"
    Randle............. 6' 3"
    =========================

Barden ...........6' 6" ...?
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 11-23-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    Bennett.............6' 6"Randle............. 6' 3"=========================
    Bennett is injured and you can't always depend on Randle, he's still learning. I think our red zone issues are more than just the players tbh.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I have an idea, get rid of KG and let ELI call ALL of the plays

I bet you this team gets a lot more creative in a hurry

and it translates into a higher % of RZ TDs

Sadly, we need a losing season or a colapse of the team for this to happen.

As for the zone defense, you use it against QB named Mark Sanchez

YOU DONT USE IT AGAINST ALL PRO TE, QB AND WR WHEN THE GAMES ON THE LINE...ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS PROVEN TO BE ****TY AT IT

I played football, Each personnel dictates what to call and what play the defense believes is being run based on that personnel....but when ur team sucks at it, you need to scrap it. This is the NFL, it aint high school or college where QBs are not good enough to zip the balls into the holes of a defense and likewise the WO not having a clue when to sit and when to continue moving into ur route. Players here are capable of reading the defense the second the ball is snapped and they begin their route. its second nature to them by now. SO FLIPPIN STOP IT.

I would love to give Fewell some advice but the guys been a defensive minded coach for several years now. you'd think he would have a handle of his personal by now.

what happened to him getting the most out of his DBs? Prince is best used in man, he plays him in a soft zone with 8 yards of cushion on a guy who runs a 4.6 40.

Then he plays Webster in man and he gets burned by a speedy WR. HELLO, CWEB HAS NEVER BEEN ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH SPEEDY WR CAUSE HE WAS NEVER A BURNER HIMSELF. HES LOST A STEP AND YOU GIVE HELP OVER TO PRINCE WHEN U SHOULD KNOW ITS CWEB WHOS NEEDED IT THE MOST THIS YEAR

Dont get me started on his god awful QB gameplans. These special gameplans that he loves to talk about are a joke. His in game playcalling has been borderline dumb as well. Almost as dumb as the 17 draw plays KG calls when the run game isnt working. After all, we all know that the best way to get ur run game going is via the draw.

I swear to god I had my high school coach call me laughing at the giants offensive play calling. Hes a cowboys fan btw. I dont have an answer as to why KG still has a job or what the giants see in him.

I love Eli but him playing well makes the OC look good and that gives the Giants a sense of belief that hes good. He isnt, and I've yet to see what he has to offer, other than continuity and a sense of familiarity with the QB.

whatever

Bennett is injured and you can't always depend on Randle, he's still learning. I think our red zone issues are more than just the players tbh.
    We all know the RZ is an Issue .............It has been for 3 Months, I still think they can get it done, They have to keep trying different plays .That's why
    I said GBay does it by passing, and they get it done.