+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

When was the last time????

The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

sorry, putting teams away is not our style.

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    sorry, putting teams away is not our style.
    You never say that and here is why. It makes no sense. How about this. Why we lose a lot of games and hardly get a big lead? Oh sorry, that is not our style.

Teams like the Pats and Saints are pass happy teams.

We are (or try to be) a ground and pound team. The only reason we passed a lot last season was because our O-line was shot along with our run game.
    We CAN put up those type of numbers, but that would require consistent play calling and execution on both sides of the ball.

We also don't run up the score, like fourth&forever addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Teams like the Pats and Saints are pass happy teams.

We are (or try to be) a ground and pound team. The only reason we passed a lot last season was because our O-line was shot along with our run game.
    We CAN put up those type of numbers, but that would require consistent play calling and execution on both sides of the ball.

We also don't run up the score
    , like fourth&forever addressed.
    Exactly! Giants don't run up the score. The best example I can think of was when we played the 9ers this season. We held them to 3 and when it was pretty clear that the game was practically over, what did we do? We handed the ball off to Bradshaw to run up the middle. Now don't get me wrong, that is the best thing to do so that we are guaranteed to run the clock down instead of taking the riskier approach of going to the air and potentially getting an incomplete pass to stop the clock (or worse).

However, that's what differentiates us from teams like NE. They can clearly have a big enough lead within the 2 minute drill and take a knee to run out the clock and will still go for TD's. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they do that, all for the sake of stat padding. Do I want us to win with bigger margins than one possession scores? Of course. Is it necessary to win by 4 scores when it was clear a long time ago the game was over? No.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Bench Player
    Thanks. I've been looking for people with this point of view. When the Saints were beating the Gmen 42 - 24 or something like that, did they really need to get to 49? Was it that important to score another td in the closing seconds? Is the win against the niners any less of a beatdown because it was "only" 26-3?

I'm hoping the Gmen put a hurtin on the Saints when they visit MetLife, but I'd love it if it's a similar score as the niners and I'd love Coughlinto be asked the question at the post game press conference and reply, "we don't run up the score on our opponents. It's disrespectful". Drew Brees has this nice guy rep, don't know why. Sean Payton, also. They seem petty to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    Thanks. I've been looking for people with this point of view. When the Saints were beating the Gmen 42 - 24 or something like that, did they really need to get to 49? Was it that important to score another td in the closing seconds? Is the win against the niners any less of a beatdown because it was "only" 26-3?

I'm hoping the Gmen put a hurtin on the Saints when they visit MetLife, but I'd love it if it's a similar score as the niners and I'd love Coughlinto be asked the question at the post game press conference and reply, "we don't run up the score on our opponents. It's disrespectful". Drew Brees has this nice guy rep, don't know why. Sean Payton, also. They seem petty to me.
    I'd say Brees actually is a nice guy from what i've seen. Payton, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
    Exactly! Giants don't run up the score. The best example I can think of was when we played the 9ers this season. We held them to 3 and when it was pretty clear that the game was practically over, what did we do? We handed the ball off to Bradshaw to run up the middle. Now don't get me wrong, that is the best thing to do so that we are guaranteed to run the clock down instead of taking the riskier approach of going to the air and potentially getting an incomplete pass to stop the clock (or worse).

However, that's what differentiates us from teams like NE. They can clearly have a big enough lead within the 2 minute drill and take a knee to run out the clock and will still go for TD's. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they do that, all for the sake of stat padding. Do I want us to win with bigger margins than one possession scores? Of course. Is it necessary to win by 4 scores when it was clear a long time ago the game was over? No.
    when have the pats ever gone for tds during a 2 min drill when the game was clearly over? You guys are exaggerating a little too much when it comes to the saints and the pats. We lost to the eagles up by 3 touchdowns with the ball, with 8 minutes left to go in the game. That being said, if there is 8 minutes left to go in a game and we're not up by at least 4 touchdowns, you best believe i want to see us going for touchdowns.

If a game is clearly over with 2 minutes left to go which in my opinion would be a 3 score lead, i am pretty sure teams are just going to run the ball until the other team is out of timeouts. You play to win the game.
    If the other team is calling timeouts to stop the clock then you have a right to make them pay.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-23-2012 at 01:03 AM.

The Pats have lost Gronk for at last a month as a result of running up the score. It looks nice but it's fairly silly.

Gilbride and our receivers dropping balls all over the place is why.