+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When was the last time????

When was the last time????

The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

sorry, putting teams away is not our style.

Teams like the Pats and Saints are pass happy teams.

We are (or try to be) a ground and pound team. The only reason we passed a lot last season was because our O-line was shot along with our run game.
    We CAN put up those type of numbers, but that would require consistent play calling and execution on both sides of the ball.

We also don't run up the score, like fourth&forever addressed.

Gilbride and our receivers dropping balls all over the place is why.

last game of the season 1986 put up 55 on the Packers is the last one I remember

the team has put up a bunch of 40 burgers in recent years

as long as we have one more point than our opponent I'm good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Teams like the Pats and Saints are pass happy teams.

We are (or try to be) a ground and pound team. The only reason we passed a lot last season was because our O-line was shot along with our run game.
    We CAN put up those type of numbers, but that would require consistent play calling and execution on both sides of the ball.

We also don't run up the score
    , like fourth&forever addressed.
    Exactly! Giants don't run up the score. The best example I can think of was when we played the 9ers this season. We held them to 3 and when it was pretty clear that the game was practically over, what did we do? We handed the ball off to Bradshaw to run up the middle. Now don't get me wrong, that is the best thing to do so that we are guaranteed to run the clock down instead of taking the riskier approach of going to the air and potentially getting an incomplete pass to stop the clock (or worse).

However, that's what differentiates us from teams like NE. They can clearly have a big enough lead within the 2 minute drill and take a knee to run out the clock and will still go for TD's. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they do that, all for the sake of stat padding. Do I want us to win with bigger margins than one possession scores? Of course. Is it necessary to win by 4 scores when it was clear a long time ago the game was over? No.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

I hate NE with a passion & love our 2 wins over them in the SB but I give em credit when it comes to stepping on their opponents neck when they are down, they are king! They impose their will on their opponent & leave them with no doubt that the outcome of the game is already over midway thru the 4th qt if not earlier.

If we had played this way vs the Eagles in 2010, instead of getting all conservative, we win the division that yr. Hey, as long as the other team has it's starters in the lineup, it means they haven't quit, then you don't take your foot off the gas either. NE plays to annihilate their opponent, I can respect that approach.

You don't like them going for it on 4th down up by 20, stop em! Classless, nah, they are just showing you that they can impose their will on you & you are helpless to do anything about it.

Wish we played with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    I hate NE with a passion & love our 2 wins over them in the SB but I give em credit when it comes to stepping on their opponents neck when they are down, they are king! They impose their will on their opponent & leave them with no doubt that the outcome of the game is already over midway thru the 4th qt if not earlier.

If we had played this way vs the Eagles in 2010, instead of getting all conservative, we win the division that yr. Hey, as long as the other team has it's starters in the lineup, it means they haven't quit, then you don't take your foot off the gas either. NE plays to annihilate their opponent, I can respect that approach.

You don't like them going for it on 4th down up by 20, stop em! Classless, nah, they are just showing you that they can impose their will on you & you are helpless to do anything about it.

Wish we played with that mindset.
    Apparently, you didn't see the Pats blow games to the Seahawks and Cardinals this year, and try like hell to blow one to the Jets . .. . .

Veteran
    When we get a lead, the offenses and defense goes in a coma, and then it becomes a close game in the 4th quarter

as good as the giants are at coming back and winning games, teams like the saints and pats are just as good at keeping their foot on the gas and overpowering weak teams from the start as we saw today. i like the way the giants play, but i sometimes wish our team and coaches has that kind of killer instinct. would certainly put a few years back on all of our lives lol.

+ Reply to Thread