+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time????

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzeboss View Post
    Because our coaches would rather have totally uninspired players let every team claw their way back into games. This team has no killer instinct, the last 4 weeks they have looked like they didn't even want to be out there. Pathetic.
    This has plagued the Giants all the way through the Coughlin era - their energy have been very inconsistent, especially at home

Quote Originally Posted by tomt View Post
    Thanks. I've been looking for people with this point of view. When the Saints were beating the Gmen 42 - 24 or something like that, did they really need to get to 49? Was it that important to score another td in the closing seconds? Is the win against the niners any less of a beatdown because it was "only" 26-3?

I'm hoping the Gmen put a hurtin on the Saints when they visit MetLife, but I'd love it if it's a similar score as the niners and I'd love Coughlinto be asked the question at the post game press conference and reply, "we don't run up the score on our opponents. It's disrespectful". Drew Brees has this nice guy rep, don't know why. Sean Payton, also. They seem petty to me.
    I'd say Brees actually is a nice guy from what i've seen. Payton, not so much...

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    sorry, putting teams away is not our style.
    You never say that and here is why. It makes no sense. How about this. Why we lose a lot of games and hardly get a big lead? Oh sorry, that is not our style.

It's a question of averages. Sure you can find instances here and there when ANY team blew a big lead. But one game does not a season make. If you go on with an overly aggressive offense, on average you will give the other team a better chance of making interceptions and you will give them more time to get back in the game. When you are well ahead, the conservative approach wins more games on average.

It's nice of Brees to make a $1 mm donation to Sandy victims. I do think the Saints try to humiliate when they run up the score. I am having second thought on Brees, but Payton has a huge chip. I think the Giants are guided by the Gentleman Mara concept and that will always rule.

I'd rather see the Defense post a shutout. I miss the days of a dominating mean Giants Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    It's a question of averages. Sure you can find instances here and there when ANY team blew a big lead. But one game does not a season make. If you go on with an overly aggressive offense, on average you will give the other team a better chance of making interceptions and you will give them more time to get back in the game. When you are well ahead, the conservative approach wins more games on average.

Tell that to the Patriots! They have won every game in the last decade in which they put up 40+ pts on an opponent! So, no, teams don't come back on you when you continue to score, & be up by 3+ scores, it takes the other team out of their game plan & more predictable to defend cuz you know they have to abandon the run game & pass on almost every down. in 2010, Giants were "well ahead" of the Eagles with 8 mins left, how'd that turn out? 02' playoffs vs SF, "well ahead' late in the 3rd qt, how'd that turn out?

No, when you have your foot on the opponents throat, you don't take it off! Giants just don't seem to understand that concept.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
    When was the last time we scored 21 points on defense and special teams?

Veteran
    Didn't we blow out Carolina 36-7 earlier this season?

If that's not good enough, you will never be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by talbot View Post
    Didn't we blow out Carolina 36-7 earlier this season?

If that's not good enough, you will never be satisfied.
    So I suppose the Giants should have ended the season after that win? They have played lethargic most of the season. Again, we DO NOT FINISH games very well and I want them to keep their foot on the gas until the clock reads 0:00 in the 4th qtr.

You are right, that one game did not keep me satisfied. I am a terrible fan for thinking they should not continue to play the best they can for the ENTIRE season.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

+ Reply to Thread