+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: When was the last time????

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Where was the insult????
    Well, responding to someone that doesnt agree with you by asking "Do you even watch other games or see the scores?" is a bit condescending, if not insulting.

And I was hoping for your expanation on how in the 80s the Giants had a killer instict and blew out opponents. is i"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    we DO NOT FINISH games very well
    Are you kidding me? If there is something that has characterized this team the last two seasons, it is fourth quarter wins.

Lots of people here saying the team's recent downturn is due to intangibles, for example, lack of killer instinct. Like this is a team with dominating talent and it's just the mental that's off. Sorry guys. Just not true. It's more like the fans need a scapegoat, someone to be angry at. I guess that's just human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    Are you kidding me? If there is something that has characterized this team the last two seasons, it is fourth quarter wins.

Lots of people here saying the team's recent downturn is due to intangibles, for example, lack of killer instinct. Like this is a team with dominating talent and it's just the mental that's off. Sorry guys. Just not true. It's more like the fans need a scapegoat, someone to be angry at. I guess that's just human nature.
    I think he's talking more about putting teams away when we already have a lead late in the game. We very frequently let inferior teams hang around late in games.

Pats once again proved my point, up 35-0, they kept attacking on O, never letting their foot off the pedal, never giving the Jets an inclination that maybe, just maybe, they can pull this game out cuz NE is starting to get conservative & just run the ball. No, NE kept throwing & scoring 7s, not just freaking 3s & all the Jets could do the rest of the way is try their very best to keep NE from putting a 50+ burger on them.

I hate NE with a passion, but I admire & respect their philosophy, they will step on your neck & never let off till they are up by 20+ with 2:00 left to play!

This is like their 4th or 5th blowout win of the yr! Their 3 losses have been by a combined 4 pts! I'm having that bad feeling that they will be the AFC rep again in the SB & if we wanna perform the hat trick on them in a SB rematch, the Giants better start getting that killer instinct NE has cuz they will be out to not just beat us in the SB, but totally slaughter us!
    Last edited by Parademon; 11-23-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
    Exactly! Giants don't run up the score. The best example I can think of was when we played the 9ers this season. We held them to 3 and when it was pretty clear that the game was practically over, what did we do? We handed the ball off to Bradshaw to run up the middle. Now don't get me wrong, that is the best thing to do so that we are guaranteed to run the clock down instead of taking the riskier approach of going to the air and potentially getting an incomplete pass to stop the clock (or worse).

However, that's what differentiates us from teams like NE. They can clearly have a big enough lead within the 2 minute drill and take a knee to run out the clock and will still go for TD's. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they do that, all for the sake of stat padding. Do I want us to win with bigger margins than one possession scores? Of course. Is it necessary to win by 4 scores when it was clear a long time ago the game was over? No.
    when have the pats ever gone for tds during a 2 min drill when the game was clearly over? You guys are exaggerating a little too much when it comes to the saints and the pats. We lost to the eagles up by 3 touchdowns with the ball, with 8 minutes left to go in the game. That being said, if there is 8 minutes left to go in a game and we're not up by at least 4 touchdowns, you best believe i want to see us going for touchdowns.

If a game is clearly over with 2 minutes left to go which in my opinion would be a 3 score lead, i am pretty sure teams are just going to run the ball until the other team is out of timeouts. You play to win the game.
    If the other team is calling timeouts to stop the clock then you have a right to make them pay.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-23-2012 at 01:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread