+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When was the last time????

Yeah, their D is not that great again this yr. I saw the Jets & Hawks games & how they almost blew the game vs the Jets & the comback by Seattle, that may be another reason they run up the score, their D might blow a close one. Be that as it may, NE has scored 50+ on teams more than any other team these past 7-8 yrs. They also tend to win alot of their games by double digits as well. Matter of fact, this is the 2nd time this yr they put up 50+ on a team & their 3 losses are by a combined 4 whopping pts! They've outscored their opponents by 133 pts. So they tend to win by alot & lose by very little.

At 7-3, they are already 3 up on the rest of the pathetic AFCE teams & should finish with the # 2 seed at the very least. #1 seed if they beat the Texans in a few weeks. Texans & 49ers are the only 2 tough teams left on their schedule, so 12-4 or 13-3 again for this team.

If the Giants can make it to the SB again, I don't know if I want us facing NE a 3rd time as 3rd time might be the charm for them. And you know they would want nothing more than to destroy & humiliate us 58-14 as payback for their 2 SB losses to us.

Kinda want a shot at the Ravens for payback on our only SB loss or Pit due to the fact that a Giants/Steelers SB would be a slobber knocker slugfest!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
    50+ points is a college score. This is the NFL, not fantasy football. Defense wins games and rings here. And I'll take the gint's squeaks all year long.

Bottom line - who would you rather be in the last 4 years: New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, or the Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    50+ points is a college score. This is the NFL, not fantasy football. Defense wins games and rings here. And I'll take the gint's squeaks all year long.Bottom line - who would you rather be in the last 4 years: New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, or the Giants?
    That is not fair to the fans and their health.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

The Pats have lost Gronk for at last a month as a result of running up the score. It looks nice but it's fairly silly.

I'm just saying that if we have a 10+ pt lead on a team, it be nice to see us still attacking the defense & trying to score enough pts to make the other team know this is an un-winnable game. The Giants hardly ever make the opposing team think that way. NE has a habit of doing that on a consistent basis.

You don't know how I hate when we win a game over Dallas or the 9ers by less than 10, how their fans are saying they could have still won the game if not for A-B or C. In a blowout, they can't say s%$^! Heck, GB & 9ers players/ fans still think they should have won their playoff games last yr & thought the better team lost.

And we actually dominated GB in the playoff win & they still think they shoulda won! I just wish we could go on a run where we just totally dominate teams from the start of the game till the end. 86' Giants beat SF & the Skins by a combined score of 66-3 in the divisional & NFC title games! Then we destroyed Denver 39-20 in the SB! That 86' team will always IMO, be the best Giants team ever!

Because our coaches would rather have totally uninspired players let every team claw their way back into games. This team has no killer instinct, the last 4 weeks they have looked like they didn't even want to be out there. Pathetic.
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

There are certain teams that other teams fear playing, NE, Pit, Ravens, to name a few, sadly, Giants aren't one of em. They don't dominate at home but are great on the rd. They are such an enigma!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    There are certain teams that other teams fear playing, NE, Pit, Ravens, to name a few, sadly, Giants aren't one of em. They don't dominate at home but are great on the rd. They are such an enigma!
    Nobody fears playing the Giants? I know we are talking about points scored here, but do you really believe no one is afraid of the Giants?

Only when we make the playoffs. During the regular season, not so much. I mean, I doubt GB is terrified by the thought of playing us next Sunday night. Playoffs, that's a different story.. Even some of their fans fear their team meeting us in the playoffs again.

Quote Originally Posted by fourth&forever View Post
    sorry, putting teams away is not our style.
    Putting away teams, is every teams responsibiility, it just takes everyone being on the same page. I am not saying run up the score, I am saying a Decisive win! No questions in anyones mind of which team came ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    as good as the giants are at coming back and winning games, teams like the saints and pats are just as good at keeping their foot on the gas and overpowering weak teams from the start as we saw today. i like the way the giants play, but i sometimes wish our team and coaches has that kind of killer instinct. would certainly put a few years back on all of our lives lol.
    I am the "Keep the foot on the gas kinda coach", Yet our coaches get a 10 point lead and think they can put it on cruise control to win the game...NOT IN THIS LEAGUE

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    50+ points is a college score. This is the NFL, not fantasy football. Defense wins games and rings here. And I'll take the gint's squeaks all year long.

Bottom line - who would you rather be in the last 4 years: New Orleans, Green Bay, New England, or the Giants?
    Do you even watch other games or see the scores? In actuality it is Fantasy Football. We used to have killer instinct back in the 80's with decisive wins. I want the team we played to not want to continue to play cause they feel demoralized by our team. Nothing wrong with just a good ole *** kicking.

Bottom line- I am happy we are the Giants, however lets start putting some fear into other teams like the Giants of the 80's
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

+ Reply to Thread