+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When was the last time????

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    Nobody fears playing the Giants? I know we are talking about points scored here, but do you really believe no one is afraid of the Giants?
    NO! No teams this year really fear us this year. How can you be feared when you play like whipped cream against slug teams and blow 10+ points in the 4th qtr?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    NO! No teams this year really fear us this year. How can you be feared when you play like whipped cream against slug teams and blow 10+ points in the 4th qtr?
    No team fears the team that made the tough-guy 49ers quit???? Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    No team fears the team that made the tough-guy 49ers quit???? Hmmmmm
    What have we done since.....lets take a look.
    Barely beat Skins 27-23, Cowboys 29-24, lost to Steelers 24-20 and Blown out by Bengals 31-13. I didnt see any team that feared us there and there isnt even one team in our second half that will fear us!

I'd rather win 24-3 than 56-30. The former score means that their offense couldn't do crap all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'd rather win 24-3 than 56-30. The former score means that their offense couldn't do crap all game.
    I concur with you on that. I was just stating that we dont do enough with the ball when we have it(Redzone). Also we never keep our foot on the gas when we have a decent leade(A TD is not a decent lead).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Do you even watch other games or see the scores? In actuality it is Fantasy Football. We used to have killer instinct back in the 80's with decisive wins. I want the team we played to not want to continue to play cause they feel demoralized by our team. Nothing wrong with just a good ole *** kicking.

Bottom line- I am happy we are the Giants, however lets start putting some fear into other teams like the Giants of the 80's

No need to insult dude, I watch a lot of football, just stating my opinion. But I wont watch the whole game when its a ridiculous blowout game like New England played this week. Their "Killer Instinct" cost them one of their best players, maybe for the season.

We are more a ball control type of team, just like in the 80s. And my memory of the 80s was that teams feared our DEFENSE, not that we were gonna drop a 50 on them. When we get a lead we tend to run more and use the clock to play more conservatively.

There is more than one way to win games, and I couldnt care less how many points we score if we get the W.

Giants don't blow teams out, usually. A win by two touchdowns is a blowout, for us
    Last edited by gmenfan0488; 11-19-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    No need to insult dude, I watch a lot of football, just stating my opinion. But I wont watch the whole game when its a ridiculous blowout game like New England played this week. Their "Killer Instinct" cost them one of their best players, maybe for the season.

We are more a ball control type of team, just like in the 80s. And my memory of the 80s was that teams feared our DEFENSE, not that we were gonna drop a 50 on them. When we get a lead we tend to run more and use the clock to play more conservatively.

There is more than one way to win games, and I couldnt care less how many points we score if we get the W.
    Wait now, I remember one game when Shockey hurt himself for the rest of the year in 07 and the Giants were not running up the score, they were just playing. The Giants also lost two tes in their last Superbowl win in the middle of the game. If you watched a lot of ball then you wouldn't come out with the comment you made. A player can be put out for the rest of the season at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    last game of the season 1986 put up 55 on the Packers is the last one I remember

the team has put up a bunch of 40 burgers in recent years

as long as we have one more point than our opponent I'm good to go
    damn it YA..that would have been a great DYK question

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    Gilbride and our receivers dropping balls all over the place is why.
    How many drops did Gilbride have last game?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread