+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time????

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How many drops did Gilbride have last game?
    lol

When was the last time a Giant broke his arm late in a blow-out on a meaningless play when he should have been sitting?
    I love a good laugher as much as the next guy but it's not that important to the owner, GM and coach and I'm OK with that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDon View Post
    No need to insult dude, I watch a lot of football, just stating my opinion. But I wont watch the whole game when its a ridiculous blowout game like New England played this week. Their "Killer Instinct" cost them one of their best players, maybe for the season.

We are more a ball control type of team, just like in the 80s. And my memory of the 80s was that teams feared our DEFENSE, not that we were gonna drop a 50 on them. When we get a lead we tend to run more and use the clock to play more conservatively.

There is more than one way to win games, and I couldnt care less how many points we score if we get the W.
    Where was the insult????
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    When we get a lead, the offenses and defense goes in a coma, and then it becomes a close game in the 4th quarter
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    NO! No teams this year really fear us this year. How can you be feared when you play like whipped cream against slug teams and blow 10+ points in the 4th qtr?
    How about blowing a 23Point Lead !

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    The New York Giants Put up 50 points against a team??????? New England continues to do it, and the Saints are almost following suit. Why can we not put these types of games together to keep my blood pressure from spiking?!!!!!! Someone has to have an answer.

We lose to scrubs over half the time and the other half....we are borderline squeaking out a win!
    Would love to see the O get into a grove like that!

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    How about blowing a 23Point Lead !
    Proving my point and you are talking about Philthy 2 years ago. I watched that game and actually broke my computer chair over that defeat!!! Slammed it on the ground, against a brick wall, basically it saved my TV! $45.00 well spent on a disgrace!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Would love to see the O get into a grove like that!
    Thank you Captain, I would love us to just actually DOMINATE a game or two a season and then we will be feared, right now we look like..........

Bench Player
    Thanks. I've been looking for people with this point of view. When the Saints were beating the Gmen 42 - 24 or something like that, did they really need to get to 49? Was it that important to score another td in the closing seconds? Is the win against the niners any less of a beatdown because it was "only" 26-3?

I'm hoping the Gmen put a hurtin on the Saints when they visit MetLife, but I'd love it if it's a similar score as the niners and I'd love Coughlinto be asked the question at the post game press conference and reply, "we don't run up the score on our opponents. It's disrespectful". Drew Brees has this nice guy rep, don't know why. Sean Payton, also. They seem petty to me.

NE & the Saints love to destroy teams by as much as they possibly can. Giants coaching staff prefers to get conservative when we're up 10+ in the 3rd & 4th qts. Back in the 91' playoffs I believe, the Houston Oilers were up on the Buffalo Bills 38-3 in the freaking 3rd qt! BTW, their backup QB was playing due to an injury to Jim Kelly And lost in OT 41-38! And we blew a 28-10 lead to Philly 2 yrs ago with 8 freakin mins left that cost us the division title! Oh, Everyone forget the huge lead we had & blew in the 02' playoff game vs SF? Got complacent in both games & blew them! How bout the Vikings scoring like 10 pts in the final 2 min of the game to beat us in a playoff game?

Bottom line is, until that clock hits 2:00 & your up by at least 3 scores, no game is ever truly over!

+ Reply to Thread