+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the key to beating Green bay?

What is the key to beating Green bay?

I think the key is our offense. On defense i think you pretty much know what you're going to get. Green bay will be able to run effectively and pass against us. Guys are going to be wide open across the middle of the field and the packers will move the ball on us. But there are going to be times where our defense will be able to get stops in the red zone, where green bay will be forced to kick a field goals. We may even force a punt or 2.

It will be up to our offense to answer back and keep us in the game. I think the biggest problem with our team is our offense right now. Our defense gives up a lot of big plays but they always find ways to get our offense back on the field. The only problem is that our offense tends to go 3 and out bringing the defense back out.

It would be wishful thinking to assume Rodgers wont scorch this defense a little. They have one of the best offenses in the league. Our defense cant seem to cover the middle of the field and is pretty bad in zone. However they will still keep us in the game some how. It is up to our offense to pull their weight.

I cant go on much longer with the nicks get out of jail free card. I honestly dont think his injury is that bad to the point where he cant make any plays. I thought he ran well vs the steelers and he came out and had a good game vs the bengals. I fully expect him to pull his weight now. No more excuses. If his injury is that bad then puthim on IR. He had 2 weeks to rest. Cruz and bennett needs to seriously stop with the dropped passes because its killing us.

I think you pretty much know what you will get from DD. He will give up a few sacks this game. But we cant let that keep us down. Last but not least we need to execute and people need to be on the same page. we cant afford to run the wrong routes miss throws or leave play open. Bradshaw needs to hold on to the damn ball.

If we are going to win this game our offense will need to play good.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.

General Custer is laughing at this one.

although i guess you gotta hope we hold 'em to 24 or so
    and Eli gets off the funkwagon and we score a touchdown
    to go with the 6 field goals.

GB's defense still sucks.....we can move the ball
    but we can't play the "Rodgers gets 7 , Tynes gets 3" crap for very long
    or it might get ugly.
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-19-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

All-Pro
    I think their best chance of winning is if their offense wakes up and they win in a shoot out. I don't see the defense stopping them. Rogers looks like he the MVP again.

Play Like the 2011 Giants !

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    Play Like the 2011 Giants !
    Well if they play like the regular season 2011 Giants then they might lose. If its the 2011 post season Giants I would have to ask why they looked so lost the past month.

No point attempting to break this down. If they don't play like complete **** again, they'll have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I think you pretty much know what you will get from DD. He will give up a few sacks this game. But we cant let that keep us down.
    If I see DD on the field as a Tackle (other than for injury reasons), the following will be my response:

All-Pro
    Well then get ready to be disappointed because Diehl will be playing.

without getting overly complex...
    the defense has to play disciplined, Which they havent been. They need to get pressure too.
    The offense has to get TDs......

oh yeah.....no turnovers.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    The key, IMO, is to find a way to score more point than they do.

+ Reply to Thread