+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Zebras were very kind to Dallas in the 4th Quarter and OT

Quote Originally Posted by rEaS View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_DfwmQG_k

And this is the hit..? Really? Not even helmet to helmet.. when can you hit a receiver then?! when he's celebrating in the endzone? Thats a GREAT football play.. thats what you get teached to do as a defensive player, to time it just right.. even with the NFL's ridicolous rules, that play is legal.. he hit him in the chest for crying out loud.. not the back.. not the side.. not the head or helmet.. not the knees.. in the chest with his shoulder.. that has to be a noncall

i dont understand that ****ing rule.. if ogletree catches it then it's a legal hit no? if he catches it and gets the ball dislodged from the hit it's also legal.. but because the guy doesn't catch it.. the defender is supposed to stop in mid air in half a second and not hit him?!

BULL****!!!!
    Wow that was total bs the guy hit him from behind and the other held up Olgertree fell into him. I don't know how defenses can even play anymore that was a total gift for the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    Wow that was total bs the guy hit him from behind and the other held up Olgertree fell into him. I don't know how defenses can even play anymore that was a total gift for the Cowboys.
    For once we agree!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

[QUOTE=rEaS;584669]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_DfwmQG_k

And this is the hit..? Really? Not even helmet to helmet.. when can you hit a receiver then?! when he's celebrating in the endzone? Thats a GREAT football play.. thats what you get teached to do as a defensive player, to time it just right.. even with the NFL's ridicolous rules, that play is legal.. he hit him in the chest for crying out loud.. not the back.. not the side.. not the head or helmet.. not the knees.. in the chest with his shoulder.. that has to be a noncall

i dont understand that ****ing rule.. if ogletree catches it then it's a legal hit no? if he catches it and gets the ball dislodged from the hit it's also legal.. but because the guy doesn't catch it.. the defender is supposed to stop in mid air in half a second and not hit him?!

BULL****!!!![/QUOTE

Quit your belly-aching and move on. If you're going to complain about a call, complain about the non-fumble. It was the most questionable one and had probably the biggest impact.

Do you not realize how often this play is called a personal foul? He went for the big hit and got his forearm around the helmet. It's not reviewable and the refs made a judgment call. It resulted in a 15 yard penalty... putting the ball on the 39 from the 24. Not as big of a deal as the PI two plays later.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I believe they called it a defenseless reciever and gave them 15 yards, then they got that BS pass interference call.. saying his forearm hit him in the helmet? lol.. really?
    They initially called it defenseless receiver ( I was livid after thinking how they didn't call it against Cruz in Dallas) but then they switched it to forearm to the head/neck area. They didn't show the replay again after that so I couldn't see if he did hit the helmet. Didn't look like it initially though.

The worst part was how the cowbpoys dragged out those fluffy penalties by laying on the floor for 5 minutes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post

Quit your belly-aching and move on. If you're going to complain about a call, complain about the non-fumble. It was the most questionable one and had probably the biggest impact.

Do you not realize how often this play is called a personal foul? He went for the big hit and got his forearm around the helmet. It's not reviewable and the refs made a judgment call. It resulted in a 15 yard penalty... putting the ball on the 39 from the 24. Not as big of a deal as the PI two plays later.
    i will give you $100 if you show me a frame in that video where someone's forearm got even near the helmet.. the guy in the front hits the chest with his shoulder and forearm.. the guy on the back hits his back.. that is a BS call and you know it.. it would have brought up 3rd down deep in your territory.. instead it gave you guys a first down near mid field.. come on man.. be real.. and i'm not belly aching, im just saying there's some calls that went your way and you need to take your homer glasses off and realize that on the grand scale of referee decisions you guys came way on top and is the reason you won.. if later down the season you guys get to the playoffs because of that win instead of us, then yeah it will matter to the giants..

Im not worried if dallas needs all that help to defeat the browns they will crumble for the rest of the schedule.

Veteran
    it's funny though cause the ref that made the call for 'forearm to the helmet' was the one directly behind the browns player.. so in other words there's no way he could have seen where the forearm hit because the browns player was blocking him.. in other words he just saw a big hit and ogletree crying like a *****, and threw the flag about 2-3 seconds after the hit.. the referee closest to the action that actually saw the play in front of him didn't call ****..

Quote Originally Posted by rEaS View Post
    i will give you $100 if you show me a frame in that video where someone's forearm got even near the helmet.. the guy in the front hits the chest with his shoulder and forearm.. the guy on the back hits his back.. that is a BS call and you know it.. it would have brought up 3rd down deep in your territory.. instead it gave you guys a first down near mid field.. come on man.. be real.. and i'm not belly aching, im just saying there's some calls that went your way and you need to take your homer glasses off and realize that on the grand scale of referee decisions you guys came way on top and is the reason you won.. if later down the season you guys get to the playoffs because of that win instead of us, then yeah it will matter to the giants..
    to be fair it was a helmet to helmet hit. and a few moments before that play the cowboys were called for a horse collar tackle on cribbs which didnt exists. Cowboys fought hard and deserved that win.

I do agree the NFL needs to change the defenseless receiver rule a little though. But that was a hard fought game by both teams and the cowboys were the better team in the end

Veteran
    dude look at the video! their helmets never hit.. ever?! am i not seeing a different video or what, because in the one i posted about that specific play, their helmets NEVER touch..

anyways, it's stupid to go on about it.. they got the win handed to them and the nfl got what it wants.. to keep the cowboys on top and to make the nfc east more interesting even if the cowboys don't deserve the record they have..

+ Reply to Thread