+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starter
    Maybe too many substitions on DL. JPP should stay at Right End where he excelled last year during OSI's absence until he really needs a rest. KIWI seemed effective lining up at DT and could be used in a "hybrid" 3-4 either playing DT drop back as an inside linebacker; we have solme depth at outside linebacker. If Tuck isn't getting penetration he could also play more DT and let OSI and the rookie DE's who looked good in pre-season get a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    All i know is, no matter if we go 12-4 or 8-8, as long as we get into the playoffs it's a different game. Giants are a different animal come playoff time, we are like the Miami Heat of the NFL. No one will want to face us in the playoffs.

I Hope your RIGHT !

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "The Giants returned to work today after their bye week ready to begin a difficult final six-game stretch of their season. Coming off back-to-back losses hasn't affected the confidence of the defending Super Bowl champions, defensive captain Justin Tuck said.

"I think everybody on this team feels that we can be the best team in the league when we’re playing our style of football," Tuck said. "It’s just unfortunate that we haven’t played our style of football the last couple of weeks. We have to find a way to get back to playing that, because it’s going to be needed leading up to these next weeks."

The Giants play the Packers this week, the start of a difficult final slate that includes the Redskins, Saints, Falcons, Ravens and Eagles.

The Giants are 6-4 and still atop the NFC East, though the Cowboys closed the gap to one game with a win against the Browns yesterday. After rattling off four straight wins, the Giants dropped consecutive games against the Steelers and the Browns, but Tuck disagreed that the team lost confidence.

"Not confidence, just maybe a little focus. We lost a little focus," he said, adding: "I think we’ve always been very confident. Sometimes maybe too confident; borderline ****y a little bit. But our confidence will never be -- I don’t think it will ever waver on this team." Read more...
    I definitely think they are overconfident.....they went into Cincy thinking all they needed to do was to show up to win.

And this defensive line needs to stop reading the press clippings from 2011.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    All i know is, no matter if we go 12-4 or 8-8, as long as we get into the playoffs it's a different game. Giants are a different animal come playoff time, we are like the Miami Heat of the NFL. No one will want to face us in the playoffs.
    The game planning goes to a higher level in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I definitely think they are overconfident.....they went into Cincy thinking all they needed to do was to show up to win.

And this defensive line needs to stop reading the press clippings from 2011.
    Seriously. We win the SB and all we hear is how great our defense was. New flash. For most of the season, our defense was utter crap last year.