+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 158

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,007

    Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

    Excerpt: "Last week, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and running backs coach Jerald Ingram summed up why David Wilson has been sparingly used at running back this season. And it all boiled down to one point: the first-round pick isn't a complete running back yet.

    Sure, Wilson is a great runner, as explosive as there is, they said. But he wasn't asked to be much more than a runner at Virginia Tech and as Ingram put it, 'at what cost is he explosive?'

    The coaches argued that the rookie still needs to improve in other aspects of being an NFL running back, most notably in pass protection, and a fumble on his second career carry against the Cowboys in the season opener certainly didn't help.

    But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

    "They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

    Wilson's been asked to pick up blitzes in practice and he said he hasn't had any problems." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  2. #2
    There is no denying the kid is confident. I say play him!

  3. #3
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    There is no denying the kid is confident. I say play him!
    Why did we pick him???? It was for his running ability, Blocking will come, but put him in more than we do and let him get up to game speed, it cant hurt our running game since we do not have one!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    There is no denying the kid is confident. I say play him!
    What's the average career of a NFL RB. Seems lot's of folks say @ 30 they're done & that's talking about the one's that play week to week. I'm with you see what we got for the 1st round pic before his career is over in the next 5 years. Put him on the field for at least a half or at least 5 straight possessions. See what he's got. Look what they found in Cruz by accident or injury or whatever you want to call it. Bradshaw bless him but give him a rest & try to make it the playoffs with #22 & #35 & if they make it Brashaw has proven he's best in the playoffs.

  5. #5
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,007
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    What's the average career of a NFL RB. Seems lot's of folks say @ 30 they're done & that's talking about the one's that play week to week. I'm with you see what we got for the 1st round pic before his career is over in the next 5 years. Put him on the field for at least a half or at least 5 straight possessions. See what he's got. Look what they found in Cruz by accident or injury or whatever you want to call it. Bradshaw bless him but give him a rest & try to make it the playoffs with #22 & #35 & if they make it Brashaw has proven he's best in the playoffs.
    With Bradshaw practicing yesterday, and assuming he practices the rest of the week, he's likely to start. I still think Brown will get more snaps than he had been getting. IF we can get ahead or at least hold our own wit Green Bay, I believe they will put Wilson in with the plays they've designed for him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  6. #6
    They should do play-action with Wilson on the field... since everyone is expecting a run everytime he gets on the field, EVERYONE would bite...

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    They should do play-action with Wilson on the field... since everyone is expecting a run everytime he gets on the field, EVERYONE would bite...
    when was the last time they did play action?

  8. #8
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    when was the last time they did play action?
    Idk but it would help in the red zone..
    Uh..go Giants?

  9. #9
    I Believe him, and it's sad they give him no opportunities,

    many say 'Brown earned more carries' when has Wilson been given the chance? many say 'In Practice' okay, how many reps does Wilson get? how many chances does he get to pass protect as a 'Third String'? i would wager hardly any, if he has to run designed plays made for him,


    regardless, brown was the only one that gave up a Sack against Carolina, if you say it's because Wilson dropped two passes? Brown has dropped a couple passes, if you say it's because Wilson fumbled Once, Brown Fumbled Twice in a preseason game, is it because brown gains positive yards on carries? sure, give Wilson 10 carries put him in non running plays and i would wager my savings he gains positive yardage,

  10. #10
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    93,007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShouldersOf View Post
    I Believe him, and it's sad they give him no opportunities,

    many say 'Brown earned more carries' when has Wilson been given the chance? many say 'In Practice' okay, how many reps does Wilson get? how many chances does he get to pass protect as a 'Third String'? i would wager hardly any, if he has to run designed plays made for him,


    regardless, brown was the only one that gave up a Sack against Carolina, if you say it's because Wilson dropped two passes? Brown has dropped a couple passes, if you say it's because Wilson fumbled Once, Brown Fumbled Twice in a preseason game, is it because brown gains positive yards on carries? sure, give Wilson 10 carries put him in non running plays and i would wager my savings he gains positive yardage,
    There are things we never see that go on in meetings and at practice. They have gone so far as to create plays just for him. I don't see it as them not wanting him on the field. I see it as his not doing whatever it is he needs to do to get out there. And it sounds a little like he is happy with the player he is.

    When they put him in, he needs to take advantage as he has on kick returns.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts