http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Last week, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and running backs coach Jerald Ingram summed up why David Wilson has been sparingly used at running back this season. And it all boiled down to one point: the first-round pick isn't a complete running back yet.

Sure, Wilson is a great runner, as explosive as there is, they said. But he wasn't asked to be much more than a runner at Virginia Tech and as Ingram put it, 'at what cost is he explosive?'

The coaches argued that the rookie still needs to improve in other aspects of being an NFL running back, most notably in pass protection, and a fumble on his second career carry against the Cowboys in the season opener certainly didn't help.

But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

"They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

Wilson's been asked to pick up blitzes in practice and he said he hasn't had any problems." Read more...