+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Last week, Giants offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride and running backs coach Jerald Ingram summed up why David Wilson has been sparingly used at running back this season. And it all boiled down to one point: the first-round pick isn't a complete running back yet.

Sure, Wilson is a great runner, as explosive as there is, they said. But he wasn't asked to be much more than a runner at Virginia Tech and as Ingram put it, 'at what cost is he explosive?'

The coaches argued that the rookie still needs to improve in other aspects of being an NFL running back, most notably in pass protection, and a fumble on his second career carry against the Cowboys in the season opener certainly didn't help.

But Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he can do everything that is asked of an NFL running back.

"They say those statements, but I haven't put in a situation…to see if I could pick up a blitz," Wilson said today. "So I don't know if it's from my college film or what that comes from. But I'm just waiting for my opportunity to get out there."

Wilson's been asked to pick up blitzes in practice and he said he hasn't had any problems." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

There is no denying the kid is confident. I say play him!

They should do play-action with Wilson on the field... since everyone is expecting a run everytime he gets on the field, EVERYONE would bite...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

something tells me that he probably shouldn't have said that stuff.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    something tells me that he probably shouldn't have said that stuff.
    It doesn't change the team creating plays specifically for him. Hopefully they will get to put them into "play" on Sunday against the Packers
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    They should do play-action with Wilson on the field... since everyone is expecting a run everytime he gets on the field, EVERYONE would bite...
    when was the last time they did play action?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    when was the last time they did play action?
    Idk but it would help in the red zone..
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Wilson said he simply hasn't been given the opportunity......
    If that's what he thinks, it doesn't sound good. He sees no need to improve so he will not improve. And if he's reading these boards, he's a getting a lot of support and confirmation that the problem is with the coaches and not with him. So why should he try to improve?

He doesn't know where the coaches are getting their opinions? You have to be kidding. They see him every day in practice.

Sounds like a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It doesn't change the team creating plays specifically for him. Hopefully they will get to put them into "play" on Sunday against the Packers
    yeah , i keep forgetting that Bradshaw might not play ,
    so maybe they are planning on using him a little more to spell Brown.
    i hope so. i really miss that scat-back style that #21 had.
    i'd like to see if this kid has that 'Stuff".
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

I Believe him, and it's sad they give him no opportunities,

many say 'Brown earned more carries' when has Wilson been given the chance? many say 'In Practice' okay, how many reps does Wilson get? how many chances does he get to pass protect as a 'Third String'? i would wager hardly any, if he has to run designed plays made for him,

regardless, brown was the only one that gave up a Sack against Carolina, if you say it's because Wilson dropped two passes? Brown has dropped a couple passes, if you say it's because Wilson fumbled Once, Brown Fumbled Twice in a preseason game, is it because brown gains positive yards on carries? sure, give Wilson 10 carries put him in non running plays and i would wager my savings he gains positive yardage,

+ Reply to Thread