+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't read it that way at all. I think he's just frustrated because he's not getting on the field.
    And the comments made by the Giants coaches are pure BS. If they didn't think he was ready then why was he clearly in the game plan week one until he fumbled.
    To me this is just a stubborn coaching staff who benched the kid when he fumbled. And for the record, when you do that kind of thing to a player you get him worrying more about holding on to the ball then making plays. You can ruin a player's ability to excel when you punish him for fumbling with this kind of severity.
    I can't believe I actually agree with you.

where did he say anything wrong? " I don't know. Like I said, he knows how to evaluate and (Ingram) knows how to do his job. That's not my area. I'm the player, he's the coach, and I still got learning to do and growing to do as a player." sounds pretty humble to me

yea he said he hasn't been given an opportunity to show what he can do in pass protection, he's speaking the truth. Anyone that watches the games on sunday can see that. My thinking behind this is that they are grooming him and Andre to take over for Bradshaw next season.

This whole "he doesnt know his blocking assignmesnts" story is being overblown by the coaching staff. Let him and Brown loose and get the running game going. Take some pressure off Eli and the WRs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    This whole "he doesnt know his blocking assignmesnts" story is being overblown by the coaching staff. Let him and Brown loose and get the running game going. Take some pressure off Eli and the WRs.
    No it is being overblown by posts on this board like this and the media. Nothing Ingram and Gilbride said when asked about Wilson's playing time pointed directly to pass protection. That was just ONE of a multitude of things they mentioned as being part of Wilson's learning curve. People really need to reread the articles posted about this subject already. It is most likely, as I said in another reply earlier, the articles quoting Ingram and Gilbride is just coach speak and the more likely reasoning is they are concerned with Wilson's mental approach which they cannot come out and say to the media. They said he needs to be well-rounded in all areas of the position not just that he has to be a better blocker.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Tom Coughlin is not going to give a RB a significant role if he is not positive that that person is capable of protecting our franchise QB adequately. Right or wrong, agree or disagree that is how it is and always has been.

I am taking Wilson's side, if that's what you can even call it. You really don't know what you have until you try it out. Why draft him in the first round if he is going to ride pine. Why not use him? Its not like Bradshaw is Adrian Peterson or anything

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Not when it's clear you should just take a knee and put your team on the 20 as opposed to have to break 8 tackles and run sideline to sideline just to get to the 21 yard line..
    If he knew that would be the outcome, I'm sure he would do as you suggest.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    When they put him in they need to give him a chance to take advantage.
    And not pull him for 10 games if he fumbles.
    I'm sitting this dance out
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If he knew that would be the outcome, I'm sure he would do as you suggest.
    Oh C'mon Roanoke you know exactly what I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Oh C'mon Roanoke you know exactly what I'm saying
    I'm saying it's easy to say he's not going to get past the 20 when he didn't. He thinks, and I support his thinking, he can break one on every return. I find it interesting that there are a lot of fans clamoring for him to be given an opportunity on offense and here we are talking about his backing down on special teams. If he doesn't try, it's never going to happen.

+ Reply to Thread