+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' David Wilson Responds To Coaches' Comments.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    They have created 2 plays for him.

Play #1: Return the kickoff.
    Play #2: Sit on bench until kickoff.
    true haha

I agree with Wilson. How the hell is supposed to prove himself if he doesn't get time. Why would the coaches give him the ball....he only does this when he gets a chance:

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    I agree with Wilson. How the hell is supposed to prove himself if he doesn't get time. Why would the coaches give him the ball....he only does this when he gets a chance:

LINK
    I agree....it seems like they are assuming he can't get the job done. Then again, maybe he just blows in practice.

Interesting thing about your link......that was an obvious running down (34-20, 6 minutes in the game)......Giants line up with Hynoski, give the ball to Wilson (which is what the defense was fully expecting), and bang, he takes it 40+ yards to the house.....because he's so damn fast he just blew past the last two defenders who had a shot at him....both of whom were unblocked.

Again.....our best running play of the season was a telegraphed running play. So, that sort of shoots the "we can't telegraph our play by putting Wilson in" argument in the ***.

I assume when Doug Martin is in the backfield, they are guessing "run" as well.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-20-2012 at 01:13 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because Ahmad Bradshaw is injured and we need a more consistent run game. I'm not saying he should be the number one, but him and Andre should split carries.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Exactly. I understand why he can't be number one right now, but at least give him a few reps, at least..
    True.................Give him the Ball ! He's FAST, and see what he can do , not just 3 touches but a least one 1/4.........If he screws up, take the necessary action.

The thing people never mention about our running game is that it depends more on the line play than the RB. People here seem to think there will be a magical solution by switching RBs. I don't think there is that much difference between Wilson, Brown and Bradshaw. None of them will do much unless the OL improves its play. Of course, that is much harder to do than just changing RBs and such thoughts don't allow us to dream of magical solutions in our fantasies of how we would do a much better job of coaching the team.

The thing people never mention about our running game is that it depends more on the line play than the RB. People here seem to think there will be a magical solution by switching RBs. I don't think there is that much difference between Wilson, Brown and Bradshaw in running plays. None of them will do much unless the OL improves its play. Of course, that is much harder to do than just changing RBs and such thoughts don't allow us to dream of magical solutions in our fantasies of how we would do a much better job of coaching the team. Bradshaw's experience and superior blocking gives him the edge at the position.

if you were to give all 3 running backs 100 carries...
    i 'd bet that Wilson would have way more yards and will have
    taken one to the house.

speed kills.

so what if he gives up a sack , is ELI a god-damn wuss-bag all of a sudden ?
    he actually gets hit quite a lot and is pretty durable....it wasn't Wilson getting him killed against SF last year.
    Diehl can't take it to the house or pass block ....so that's not it.
    and fumbling has nothing to do with it....or else he wouldn't be trusted with kick returns.

the reason he is sitting on the bench is for the same reason Diehl is on the field..... Tom Coughlin
    Last edited by stormblue; 11-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    They have created 2 plays for him.

Play #1: Return the kickoff.
    Play #2: Sit on bench until kickoff.
    Haha, sad but true.

God I hope he gets used next week.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    because he has earned it on special teams.
    What does that have to do with being in the backfield? Don't get me wrong, I want to see what he can do too. I think that the coaching staff must be seeing something we are not. Being a first round pick and fast does not make a good RB.

+ Reply to Thread